Improved performance on Windows 10 Mobile after switching to Production

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I am using a Lumia 1020 and I know that it is not getting the official Windows 10 Mobile update.

But, yesterday I switched to production from the Windows Insider app (not sure if I restarted) and noticed huge improvement in performance.
1. Smooth scrolling
2. App loading time reduced
3. Unlock screen now loads almost instantly
4. No screen flickering
5. There isn't any improvement in battery performance or may be I haven't noticed.

Although I am not sure whether it is due to switching to production in the Insider app, I had never seen such good performance on Windows 10 Mobile. Can anyone else confirm this?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I am using a Lumia 1020 and I know that it is not getting the official Windows 10 Mobile update.

But, yesterday I switched to production from the Windows Insider app (not sure if I restarted) and noticed huge improvement in performance.
1. Smooth scrolling
4. No screen flickering
5. There isn't any improvement in battery performance or may be I haven't noticed.

Although I am not sure whether it is due to switching to production in the Insider app, I had never seen such good performance on Windows 10 Mobile. Can anyone else confirm this?

just a coincidence maybe. changing the ring wont have any change on your experience.
:)

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
So sorry...
I'm not seeing improvement with any ring incursion of WM10 on my mine.
This phone runs best on 8.1 any hope of improvement with an unsupported OS on the 1020 is just a pipe dream.

BenLumia

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Oh yeah buddy i have felt the performance, i still remember my first time using Windows 10 through Inisider app. Now the performance of my Lumia 640 is way better, so fast. Windows 10 updates really helping my phone to perform good.

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
It might be just a coincidence. But I can see too many improvements.

I am also quite sure it happened after I switched to production ring.

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Lol so many people say it's coincidence, that shows how much of you know how insider works.
Of course you get a better experience if you are in production. In production the phone doesn't gather data anymore, it doesn't track your usage to see when apps crash. There was a post somewhere on ms on how it really works, written by a guy who worked on developing W10M, oh wait, it was GabeAul.

Last edited:

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

1. Smooth scrolling
4. No screen flickering

What you also want to do is go to Privacy > Feedback and diagnostics and turn off the full diagnostics. This could also cause issues as MS is gathering data on the phone. And since it won't be updated anyways, just leave insider and turn it off.

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Lol so many people say it's coincidence, that shows how much of you know how insider works.
Of course you get a better experience if you are in production. In production the phone doesn't gather data anymore, it doesn't track your usage to see when apps crash. There was a post somewhere on ms on how it really works, written by a guy who worked on developing W10M, oh wait, it was GabeAul.

I thought so, but I wasn't sure because it is still running a preview build only the insider ring was changed to production from the insider app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro