W10M Insider Preview 14295 Discussion (Redstone Branch, inactive)

Matt Dargis

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14295 Issues (Redstone branch)

Can anyone else not download anything from the store to their SD Card? I have to download everything to my phone and manually move it to my SD Card.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

So I've been running this build since it's launch on my 950 XL and I really must say my device is performing much better. I get almost a full day of battery life and I'm not experiencing most of the issues being reported here. I'm still seeing the lock screen bug of not being presented with a keypad but much less frequently than the last build. It's only happened twice since install. The other bug I've reported via Feedback is that my new Visual Voicemail's aren't showing in the phone app unless I force close the app and restart it. Other than those two items, I like this build on my hardware.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

So I've been running this build since it's launch on my 950 XL and I really must say my device is performing much better. I get almost a full day of battery life and I'm not experiencing most of the issues being reported here. I'm still seeing the lock screen bug of not being presented with a keypad but much less frequently than the last build. It's only happened twice since install. The other bug I've reported via Feedback is that my new Visual Voicemail's aren't showing in the phone app unless I force close the app and restart it. Other than those two items, I like this build on my hardware.

Glad to hear it. I decided to roll back this morning, so now I am in the process of reinstalling, but on the release version of Insider rather than the fast or slow ring.

celticmagick

May 23, 2015
Visit site

The issues of Gadgets not working and lock screen notifications not showing up are the major glitches I'm having as well on my 640 XL. I haven't tried my Band 2 yet - I'll try that when I get home this afternoon.

One thing I'm seeing is that sometimes the status bar turns white during an app launch or closing. I sometimes see this when I launch the WC app and I've seen it when closing Outlook mail. The bar will return to normal when the open/close is finished.

I like that they fixed the Groove song title glitch.

Raju Grewal

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site

That's only for Win10 eligible phones. As wrote on official Win10 release note, non-upgradable phones stop at Threshold 10586 build (and its cumulative updates if released)

Yes. I got. I've downgraded my phone back to 8.1. It's working fine. Now my phone is not freezes anymore. But I wanna 41 MP camera phone with windows 10.. Any idea about next phone like 1020.. something maybe 1050...?

Andrew Cool

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site

I have a Lumia 1520 and here are the reasons that i reverted back to 8.1 mobile:

1. On the PIN sign in screen the touch is incredibly over sensitive to the point of the screen randomly touching without touching the screen. The sensitivity of the screen has quadrupled to the point of non usability.
2. The phone is constantly crashing and requiring restarts before an app will work.
3. The RAW images are not true RAW images and the camera constantly crashes to the home screen. Also cannot add images to Texts or email without the phone crashing to the home screen.
4. Several Apps will not update and there is no way to remove them from the list permanently.

The simple things that just worked in 8.1 are simply broken in 10.. As Microsoft has chosen to break windows mobile i will stay on 8.1 until they get their **** together..

Matt Dargis

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Battery drain is higher than the last build. Since I've installed this build. My average drain is around 6.5%, sometimes as high as 7%, per hour with average use.

Kumar Gaurav

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Hello everyone, I had one doubt. I guess I missed the announcement regrading this one.
Phones like 720, 820, 920, 925 etc won't even get these insider builds anymore even if we are in the windows insider program?

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Cannot sync pic folder to onedrive! Its really annoying I want to sync my whatsapp pics to OneDrive and cant.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Hello everyone, I had one doubt. I guess I missed the announcement regrading this one.
Phones like 720, 820, 920, 925 etc won't even get these insider builds anymore even if we are in the windows insider program?

Only builds 10586.XXX

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Cannot sync pic folder to onedrive! Its really annoying I want to sync my whatsapp pics to OneDrive and cant.

MS OneDrive sync only MS folders like Screenshot, Saved pics, Roll, not 3rd party apps
If you deside save on OneDrive, you can:

1) when using WhatsApp, you see a pic you desire to upload, simply ap on it and Save. It will go directly in Saved folder, then auto uploaded
2) when browsing Whatsapp pics thumbs, you can select all you pics you like then Share to OneDrive

deep308

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site

I just had to reset my phone, after all the apps installed on phone memory were simply gone.. Only settings worked, the phone memory said 5.07GB used out of 7.28GB, this never happens. I have a Lumia 640XL, I got windows 10 when it came officially, and then I switched to insider. This build was horrible as ****, apps like UC Browser and 6tag just wouldn't open. When I played videos in landscape mode, any otherwise activity on the screen would make it go blinking like crazy. This sucks..

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I just had to reset my phone, after all the apps installed on phone memory were simply gone.. Only settings worked, the phone memory said 5.07GB used out of 7.28GB, this never happens. I have a Lumia 640XL, I got windows 10 when it came officially, and then I switched to insider. This build was horrible as ****, apps like UC Browser and 6tag just wouldn't open. When I played videos in landscape mode, any otherwise activity on the screen would make it go blinking like crazy. This sucks..

Leave insider, stay on official. You are one of the few unlucks with 640 :( A lot use it without iussues

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Leave insider, stay on official. You are one of the few unlucks with 640 :( A lot use it without iussues

Like me I have had no issue with it runs good ya a few glitches here and there but overall 95% satisfied! Brilliant phone love my 640 XL.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Has wp10 been released officially? If so how do i get it im currently on insider

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

Installed redstone build on slowring - Lumia 640 LTE. everything went FUBAR! tried a hard reset! now the setup wont go forward!!! RedStone has been RED fro me....

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm finding that with multiple games, when I exit the game it freezes the entire OS and I have to hold in the power button. Is this known issue? Only workaround I have found is exiting the games via the windows key instead of in-game menus. I'm running them from SD card (not sure if it makes a difference).

I'm puzzled why this build was pushed to slow ring with these major issues still present :(

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

I'm finding the issue with one of my games tonight, been fine until about half hour ago.

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

It's interesting. 14295 fixes some of the issues I was having with 10586.164 like jerky scrolling, app list shading bug, etc, and it actually felt pretty nice to use, but it also introduced two new issues for me:

1. Can't reset phone. It just CTD back to start screen every time.
2. Phone sometimes restarts after starting something, like hotspot or launching an app.

I don't have that screen flickering issue while watching videos, not sure why. Maybe it's because I updated to 14295 from 10586.164.

Ultimately rolled back using WDRT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos