Wifi: No internet on 10.0.14295.1000

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
The issue is not the router/internet itself, but this terrible "Redstone" update. Has anyone been able to figure out the culprit of why Wifi intermittently works?

It'll connect periodically and fail almost instantaneously with a "No internet" banner and will not fall back to mobile data, even though it's on and working smoothly. Mobile data will not work (for browsing/push messages) until the crappy wifi connection is switched off.

This issue did not occur until the phone updated itself to 14295.

Edit: I am flashing back to 8.1 right now. Hoping I can get the production release of 10 back once I'm finished. Only had redstone for 1 day and cannot handle it. Wifi/data issues are simply not acceptable.

For the record, I also had DISABLED the insider preview on Sunday night once I read some of the horror stories about redstone. I awoke this morning to see I was a proud new owner of the Redstone build. It must've updated at some point without my knowledge. On Sunday, the prompt warning me I was exiting insider even displayed my version number.. "1511 build 10586"

Last edited:

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Suggest staying on Production or Preview Release builds. Redstone is back to being real insider - meaning cutting edge with some issues but new features.

It is likely your phone started the download before you disabled insider preview and updated itself.

I hope you reported the issue in the Feedback tool before the reset - that is the purpose of the insider program.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I did, I reported it through the Feedback app this afternoon and also mentioned the issue that it does not fall back to mobile data when the wifi connection becomes lost.

I expected bugs with Insider, for sure. But not something as major as wifi connectivity.

The fast ring/slow ring is pretty stupid. Redstone should only be on fast ring right now. I am not the only one that thought I was playing it safe by selecting the "slow" option! I went to the Insider program to get 10, because, even though my phone is unlocked W10 is not yet available to me because my former provider hasn't pushed it out yet!

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I did.
twice..

It reset to 8.10.14234.375 and I am still experiencing the intermittent wifi problem!
Until today, I have *never* had such problems with wifi. Other phones (Android) are working fine on the same connection. I fear something with Redstone perhaps damaged my hardware. (Is that even possible)?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I did.
twice..

It reset to 8.10.14234.375 and I am still experiencing the intermittent wifi problem!
Until today, I have *never* had such problems with wifi. Other phones (Android) are working fine on the same connection. I fear something with Redstone perhaps damaged my hardware. (Is that even possible)?

I bet your wifi uses WEP security instead of WPA2, isn't it?

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
WPA2, nothing has changed on the connection/router and other devices are functioning normally.

At the very least, on 8.10.14234.375 it rolls to mobile data when the active wifi isn't processing a signal. That's more than I can say for Redstone.

The only reason I even noticed wifi was still buggy is when I tried to upgrade to the release build of W10 through the insider program; it refuses to download. Even after throttling the wifi and switching off data/checking for wifi. It will hang at 0% for a measurable amount of time, even after reboots, then eventually says "You need to connect to Wi-Fi to download the update."

Even the short glimpses of when it does work, is not enough to get the download started.

Lumia 830
Firmware: 02040.00021.15235.53001

Last edited:

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Update:

Around mid-afternoon, the issue persisted, but toggling the wifi one final time appears to have locked on properly and has been working well ever since. It may not have been Redstone, after all (though, I have read several complaints of wifi issues with Redstone..)

I've upgraded to the release build of the insider program and am back on 10.0.10586.107 :)

One thing worth noting:
While this crap was going on, I did take note that my WIFI DNS is set to 192.168.0.2 (localhost network), so Windows Phone's DNS is going through my router. It's very probable that my ISP's DNS was messing up and the reason my other devices were working, is because they all are running OpenDNS for the DNS service. Windows Phone is the only device I have (besides the router) that is not running with OpenDNS. So, if anyone else is reading this is having spotty connectivity, try OpenDNS or Google's public DNS in place of your default ISPs.

murali reddy1

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
when i update my 640xl to 14295.1000 my mobile data STOPPED WORKING BUT WIFI IS WORKING SMOOTH.WHAT I OBSERVED
1.mobile data key activated in action center but arrow is not visible on network signal with BSNL sim, vodafone sim(both 2G),when i used IDEA sim arrow is visible on network signal but not able to open any browser.when i tried with airtel 3g sim able to use mobile net. how to understand the reason.
2. out look cal tile is not live with DATE after update.
3. crashes to sd card
4.people some times unable to detect sims in filter contacts.
. all those ran smootly on 10586.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
when i update my 640xl to 14295.1000 my mobile data STOPPED WORKING BUT WIFI IS WORKING SMOOTH.WHAT I OBSERVED
1.mobile data key activated in action center but arrow is not visible on network signal with BSNL sim, vodafone sim(both 2G),when i used IDEA sim arrow is visible on network signal but not able to open any browser.when i tried with airtel 3g sim able to use mobile net. how to understand the reason.
2. out look cal tile is not live with DATE after update.
3. crashes to sd card
4.people some times unable to detect sims in filter contacts.
. all those ran smootly on 10586.

You lost APN settings in SIM . Ask your carrier if you don't know them, and put it in settings

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Afaik MS did say that the fast and slow rings would be actual alpha builds.. To think they have an internal testing ring, before they push this out to the general (fast/slow) rings to test and collect data... Wonder what those internal ring people must be feeling.. Nonetheless... Before pushing this one to the slow ring as well, MS should have updated the "known bugs" info to warn people. I've seen enough reports in the feedback app concerning this issue

kashif mohammad

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
no matter what these insider preview mean, thing are weird when it comes to Microsoft, they are focusing on whole OS instead of sorting out problem facing by user, they should have provide small updates so that people can use their device peacefully rather then hating the great operating system, Microsoft lack far behind Apple and Google, that is the reason they lack in market share

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
no matter what these insider preview mean, thing are weird when it comes to Microsoft, they are focusing on whole OS instead of sorting out problem facing by user, they should have provide small updates so that people can use their device peacefully rather then hating the great operating system, Microsoft lack far behind Apple and Google, that is the reason they lack in market share

Oooorrrrr people could decide not to become an insider just so that they can have the latest and greatest :/ If people need the insider app for updates, just stick to the safe side.. production. Granted, even that has bugs, but not nearly as many as slow/fast

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Oooorrrrr people could decide not to become an insider just so that they can have the latest and greatest :/ If people need the insider app for updates, just stick to the safe side.. production. Granted, even that has bugs, but not nearly as many as slow/fast

As I told in the past to other mods, I going on thinking most people subscribe here only for blaming, not for receving solid help

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
In my case, I subscribed to Insider updates because Windows 10 *is* available for my device, but I got the message "working with your provider" when I tried to get it.

Insider app allowed me to get W10 without having to wait for my provider. Not fully understanding the difference between the options, I was under the impression "slow" was the safest bet. I've seen others say the same, so there's a lot of confusion.

Slow ring isn't really "slow," it just gets the updates a few days later than Fast ring, which still makes no sense to me. They are essentially the same thing, so why have both!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
As I told in the past to other mods, I going on thinking most people subscribe here only for blaming, not for receving solid help

Lol you have? I think there is some confusion as well. Many believe that we have MS connections and since the guys over on the MS websites only seem to answer with "standard" answers, some of those people end up here, looking for help..

Slow ring isn't really "slow," it just gets the updates a few days later than Fast ring, which still makes no sense to me. They are essentially the same thing, so why have both!

Lol I honestly believe that MS said this would be the case moving on.. Little difference between fast and slow. The release ring is for those that want to play it safe, but still want to provide feedback... Alas I can't find the article or interview :/

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
how to control quick drain of battery on 14322 build

1 - disable Onedrive video ulploads
2 - disable Photo "Show Onedrive pics"
3 - complete procedure for logging out Skype Video
4 - check your background apps: now are all ON by default. Disable the ones you don't use, first Skype and Edge
5 - wait a couple of days till phone stop sync and caching

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa