14295.1000 L640 massive battery drain

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
For the last couple days I'm on .1000 build and since that time my battery drains fast as hell.... I even tried to switch everything off- location wifi, mobile data, sync, etc.... doesn't help at all. With everything off, my phone goes from 100% in the morning to 65-70% next day midday- without even touching it!!! Anyone else noticed such a big battery drain?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
For the last couple days I'm on .1000 build and since that time my battery drains fast as hell.... I even tried to switch everything off- location wifi, mobile data, sync, etc.... doesn't help at all. With everything off, my phone goes from 100% in the morning to 65-70% next day midday- without even touching it!!! Anyone else noticed such a big battery drain?

Few days then battery will return to a normal drain, it's the sync / core updates time after an upgrade / hard reset

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
I know what you want to say with all this settling things, but the problem is that's already a week or even two since the update and no difference. I'm aware of the first days after update but this time it's definitely a battery drain not the apps working in the background! All my previous builds were always smooth and also battery was rather good ( not as good as 8.1 but still ok ).

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I know what you want to say with all this settling things, but the problem is that's already a week or even two since the update and no difference. I'm aware of the first days after update but this time it's definitely a battery drain not the apps working in the background! All my previous builds were always smooth and also battery was rather good ( not as good as 8.1 but still ok ).

Ok, try that: if you are completely sure you updated all core apps, go to Insider and swtich to Production, phone will be reboot. That should stop all iussue data collection and telemetry on phone, reducing battery and data drain.
Then check also OneDrive settings and stop video upload.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I was running 14295.1000 on 640 LTE and the battery life was very good, I wanted to put my apps on the SD card so I did a reset and proceeded to set it up, I had two days of a very warm phone and the battery was gone by early afternoon. I looked under (system; battery saver; battery use) and found Cortana was at 86%. I ended up doing another hard reset and do not have the problem now. I am running 15 -16 hours, streamimg music to bluetooth headset (on wi-fi) 6 - 8 hours a day and last night was mid 30%.

I know it is a big deal to do hard resets but I have been trying this and that, I guess it's a project phone for me. Thought I'd share that.

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
I swithed to Production, and must say that it's much better... I've lost only 5% overnight- comparing to 20-25% before!!! Thanks Maurizio Troso for your advice, it really helped. :)

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I had the same thing on this build. The culprit seemed to be Feedback and Diagnostics.

Go into Settings> Privacy> Feedback & diagnostics.... Change Diagnostic and usage data to 'Basic'

Reboot.... Done!!!!

Your battery drain should now be as per normal....

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
On my phone the culprit is Display, alone eating up 58% of power in a week followed by System/Apps at 32%. I always keep the brightness at low, still the drainage persists. *sigh*

Start screen and Edge collectively consume more than half of the power among all the apps. You can see what is causing your battery drainage in Settings > System > Battery saver > Battery usage.

wp_ss_20160410_0002.png

I am fed up with this build. Never had such a problem with previous builds. Even hard reset didn't help much.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
On my phone the culprit is Display, alone eating up 58% of power in a week followed by System/Apps at 32%. I always keep the brightness at low, still the drainage persists. *sigh*

Start screen and Edge collectively consume more than half of the power among all the apps. You can see what is causing your battery drainage in Settings > System > Battery saver > Battery usage.

View attachment 124975

I am fed up with this build. Never had such a problem with previous builds. Even hard reset didn't help much.
In last Redstone builds I noticed that "Start" uses way much battery than before, almost always at the top.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... Battery will probably be among the last things they fix in this branch as they have with other branches. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
while after changing back to production mode my battery got better, the battery life is still something that keeps me thinking about switching to 8.1. It is OK and lasts through the day with medium-to-hard usage, but I don't think it could last entire day with a really busy day- which I have ocassionally.

pulkit10

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Good to know I'm not the only one. I had the battery drop off (though not as much as some other posters here), the lock screen would struggle and a weird syncing issue with Outlook. My wallpaper stopped updating to Bing image of the day and my mail stopped syncing. This killed the texting too since it didn't recognize the contacts anymore.

Would downgrade to the production builds but is there even one out for the 1520? Don't want to lose WM10 for this.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
After a hard reset I have noticed slight improvement in my phone's battery life. It lasts at least for 6-7 hours now. Prior to that it used to drop below 10% within 3-4 hours of charging it to 100%. But still Display, Start and Edge remain the main culprits *sighs*.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Ditto, the feedback and diagnostics post above, this solved it for me on my 950. Before this I was barely getting three hours from a full charge.

GRAI2008

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem. Did a hard reset, did not restore the back up, started fresh, still the battery is draining with display being the main culprit. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa