Activate Windows?

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I've been in the Windows Insider program for quite some time.

I just replaced my old motherboard and RAM and put in a new CPU.

I reused everything else.

I keep getting messages to Activate Windows.

Why?

Should I?

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I've been in the Windows Insider program for quite some time.

I just replaced my old motherboard and RAM and put in a new CPU.

I reused everything else.

I keep getting messages to Activate Windows.

Why?

Should I?
Microsoft thinks you have changed your pc so you are not licensed to use your current product key anymore..

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Yep. I got the best service ever from Microsoft. I clicked on activate and went through a couple of hoops and it offered to have Microsoft call me back.

I input my phone number and almost instantly the phone rang and I got someone in India but they spoke very good English and the guy did a great job of activating my Windows for me. He took remote control and entered a number and VOILA!! it was activated.

I couldn't believe how fast they called me back and how well the Indian fellow spoke English ( they've come a long long way ).

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Yep. I got the best service ever from Microsoft. I clicked on activate and went through a couple of hoops and it offered to have Microsoft call me back.

I input my phone number and almost instantly the phone rang and I got someone in India but they spoke very good English and the guy did a great job of activating my Windows for me. He took remote control and entered a number and VOILA!! it was activated.

I couldn't believe how fast they called me back and how well the Indian fellow spoke English ( they've come a long long way ).
i had a similar experience before. i had a box set win 8.1. i installed it on pc1 and pc1 died one year later and i installed it on pc2. it needed activation and i sought help from microsoft. then came similar experience as you described.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb