W10M Insider Preview 14328 Issues (Redstone branch)

Bobaloba

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I can't post photos on Twitter that were taken with the camera - it says 'Image could not be loaded.'

Saved images are ok.

Tried dropping to 5mp to keep file size down but still doesn't work.

This has only been an issue on the latest 2 Redstone builds. If I roll back to Threshold release I can post fine.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
On my 950XL, this build needs a soft reset (power + vol down) at least 3 times a day. I have been using messaging a lot lately, and yesterday texting a few friends for a extended period of time and it just will randomly lock up... 3 minutes in or 5 hours...

**ANY SUGGESTIONS** ?? Please?

otherwise, the only other reason I got it was Messaging EVERYWHERE (beta) and that works 60% of the time. Also, Lockscreen music controls are near impossible to see and almost never work... I am gonna rollback, unless someone has a suggest.

da1stprince

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Definitely not. There are several entries on the Feedback app, some with almost 500 upvotes to show that.
I was one of those 500 upvotes until I did this method as mentioned previously and now have all my texts from last year. All my apps work and have no real issue to report with this build using my 950XL dual sim. Before that I was stuck with apps and a store that wouldn't work (kept crashing) and sms/mms that would not restore just like any other previous Redstone build.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I was one of those 500 upvotes until I did this method as mentioned previously and now have all my texts from last year. All my apps work and have no real issue to report with this build using my 950XL dual sim. Before that I was stuck with apps and a store that wouldn't work (kept crashing) and sms/mms that would not restore just like any other previous Redstone build.
My point is that you cannot represent the problem as being broadly fixed with regard to SMS/MMS restores. It's awesome that you're fixed up. There are still plenty of folks who still have problems. So bear that in mind when you recommend a hard reset. There are no guarantees, even on the Production ring, that SMS/MMS will restore with any timeliness (if ever).

Instead, its better to caution folks to install the contacts+messages backup app, backup SMS/MMS, copy the backup to a PC and then a hard reset is an option.

da1stprince

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
My point is that you cannot represent the problem as being broadly fixed with regard to SMS/MMS restores. It's awesome that you're fixed up. There are still plenty of folks who still have problems. So bear that in mind when you recommend a hard reset. There are no guarantees, even on the Production ring, that SMS/MMS will restore with any timeliness (if ever).

Instead, its better to caution folks to install the contacts+messages backup app, backup SMS/MMS, copy the backup to a PC and then a hard reset is an option.

Agreed. Every measure should be taken to do backups on whatever info you want to keep moving forward. My intent was not to assert that the issue was fixed on a broad scale but to just let it be known that progress is being made. I advised to wipe using WDRT and update to this latest build not just in relation to sms/mms (if even related) but to fix other Os related issues... Thanks for the feedback

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. Every measure should be taken to do backups on whatever info you want to keep moving forward. My intent was not to assert that the issue was fixed on a broad scale but to just let it be known that progress is being made. I advised to wipe using WDRT and update to this latest build not just in relation to sms/mms (if even related) but to fix other Os related issues... Thanks for the feedback
Good deal. My reaction is due to two basic problems related to this topic:

A) Microsoft absolutely did NOT make it broadly known that the "contacts+messaging backup" app is even out there. And even after they released the app, it took them some time (apparently) to make it so that phones that don't have SD card slots could backup their content and save it to the PC via the Documents folder on the phone. Ugh.

B) Folks here on Windows Central, be it on the News Page or here in the forums, often forget to stick that "backup, backup, backup" mantra on everything. :) Especially in light of the fact that the "contacts+messaging backup" app not getting enough time in the spotlight for it to be what I would think of as being "common knowledge." We have so many new folks who aren't always the most technically-aware jumping into these Insider builds to play with the new features (like Messaging Everywhere) and getting burned when things don't work well ("because it's a beta!") that I get concerned about stuff like this.

I'm also disappointed that the more recent builds of W10M haven't just automatically included the app in the "Extras" section. I certainly did not know about the app until after I was already screwed up, myself. Thus, my overall annoyance with the topic. ;)

For myself, I've become rather burned by Microsoft's clear and obvious inability to fix this annoying problem with any speed. It's also bad that they took it upon themselves to change the way the backend servers behave (to prepare for Messaging Everywhere, I assume) without warning anyone that they were doing maintenance that could impact the ability to restore SMS/MMS.

The fact that we don't have an easy way to know that they're receiving and reacting to important problems like this is frustrating. A "big deal" or a "dealbreaker" as a Windows Mobile fan? Nah.. but still - the "radio silence" from them (until recently via Twitter) has been a pain point for me.

Anyway - it's cool. Glad we got this hashed out and thanks for helping folks out here!

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Once again, Cortana has stopped announcing incoming texts, even though I DO have it for text ALWAYS ON. I FREQUENTLY have lockups that force me to force it to reboot. The camera is a complete disaster at this point. Any pretense that the 950 camera is even on par with, much less superior to, the LUMIA 1020 is nothing but a lie. The ONLY thing that can be honestly said about the 950 camera is that it's faster. I can't even get it to focus on MANUAL correctly half the time on this build. I loaded back to the original W10 that it came with and the camera behaves and the images are passable - but definitely not as good as what I get from my 1020.

da1stprince

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Good deal. My reaction is due to two basic problems related to this topic:

A) Microsoft absolutely did NOT make it broadly known that the "contacts+messaging backup" app is even out there. And even after they released the app, it took them some time (apparently) to make it so that phones that don't have SD card slots could backup their content and save it to the PC via the Documents folder on the phone. Ugh.

B) Folks here on Windows Central, be it on the News Page or here in the forums, often forget to stick that "backup, backup, backup" mantra on everything. :) Especially in light of the fact that the "contacts+messaging backup" app not getting enough time in the spotlight for it to be what I would think of as being "common knowledge." We have so many new folks who aren't always the most technically-aware jumping into these Insider builds to play with the new features (like Messaging Everywhere) and getting burned when things don't work well ("because it's a beta!") that I get concerned about stuff like this.

I'm also disappointed that the more recent builds of W10M haven't just automatically included the app in the "Extras" section. I certainly did not know about the app until after I was already screwed up, myself. Thus, my overall annoyance with the topic. ;)

For myself, I've become rather burned by Microsoft's clear and obvious inability to fix this annoying problem with any speed. It's also bad that they took it upon themselves to change the way the backend servers behave (to prepare for Messaging Everywhere, I assume) without warning anyone that they were doing maintenance that could impact the ability to restore SMS/MMS.

The fact that we don't have an easy way to know that they're receiving and reacting to important problems like this is frustrating. A "big deal" or a "dealbreaker" as a Windows Mobile fan? Nah.. but still - the "radio silence" from them (until recently via Twitter) has been a pain point for me.

Anyway - it's cool. Glad we got this hashed out and thanks for helping folks out here!
All good, anything I can do to help the windows community

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
My battery is much better with this build. My only issues are I have 4 ;apps which are stuck in pending clear my band, hope calendar, scanwritr pro and timestamp pro, the last two being myappfree downloads. If I could get clear my band and hope calendar to download and the other two apps just go away it would all be great

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
My battery is much better with this build. My only issues are I have 4 ;apps which are stuck in pending clear my band, hope calendar, scanwritr pro and timestamp pro, the last two being myappfree downloads. If I could get clear my band and hope calendar to download and the other two apps just go away it would all be great
The workaround to this is to start a download of another app from the store but immediately hit "Pause All" on the download list then click "Resume All". Should clear that up for you.

Stefan Blessing

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Build 14328 Issues (Redstone branch)

Using one sim doesn't really sort out the issue. Try enabling airplane mode & restarting the device. Then disable airplane mode. it works for me.

Bigsro

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Damn Groove music pass is busted with the latest build! I got too excited and installed it without reading the release notes!!

Paganmoon

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
14332 broke Fitbit (again) it seems, Synced fine this morning, update to 14332 just after, now I see the tracker as connected in Bluetooth, but the Fitbit app cannot find it, reboots have not helped.

kamylasg

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
14332 broke the brightness settings for me. Choosing low, medium or high doesn't do anything (the brightness stays the same). I checked the brightness profile adjustment on extras and there's only one slider for brightness (and not three, like before). Also, there's not an automatic brightness option anymore. This issue persisted with a soft reset. When I get home I'll do a hard reset and see if the issue's fixed.

Edit: The brightness toggle works if I press it and uncheck the "automatic" brightness option. I hope this is a bug and not "a feature", since I like having Automatic as one of the options in the brightness toggle.

Last edited:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
14332 broke Fitbit (again) it seems, Synced fine this morning, update to 14332 just after, now I see the tracker as connected in Bluetooth, but the Fitbit app cannot find it, reboots have not helped.

I had an issue yesterday with a BT Headset (it had been working fine, but yesterday it said connected, but didn't work). I unpaired, then repaired, and started working fine (14328).

still working (14332).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05