Attempting to try out insider

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
So I have pressed the "Get started button" and selected fast ring to join insiders on PC and it's been 2 days now but nothing happened at all... Is there something wrong with it or is it normal to take so much time to trigger update?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
So I have pressed the "Get started button" and selected fast ring to join insiders on PC and it's been 2 days now but nothing happened at all... Is there something wrong with it or is it normal to take so much time to trigger update?

It took me about 8 hours before the update came through. Try switching rings to slow to trigger the update?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I was at first on slow, then I changed it to fast after one day but sure, I will try again.

In this case, patience is needed. By the way, you're sure you want to try it out, right? You'll have to deal with the bugs and issues. I wasn't able to use neither kaspersky nor photo viewer on 14295 so I had to go back

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I am sure, I don't have problems with bugs as long as it runs Steam, Edge and Office good enough. The computer has a bit outdated specs too so I don't worry about it too much - I've been thinking of buying a new one anyway.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I have been waiting to get insider builds until yesterday, when I really got pi**ed off because I didn't get them from the day when I posted this thread. Does anybody have a clue what could possibly be a problem?
EDIT:When I go to Windows Insider site this shows up even though I have Windows 10 on my pc.
Screenshot_3.png
Could the disk partition be the problem since I have Windows only on C: Disk?

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
The problem is that I never mounted anything and for some reason I cannot open that link (it says that DNS adress could not be found).

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I can't get the forum to stop injecting stuff into the link, but I edited it so you can see the text of where you actually want to go.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
To "boot your PC from the installation media" means that you would burn the ISO to a DVD-R disc or make a bootable USB drive from it, and use it to boot the machine.

I'm suggesting you not bother with that. Simply double-click the ISO you downloaded. This will mount it as a virtual DVD drive. Then run the setup program and tell it to keep everything. This will perform an upgrade install from your existing Windows 10 to the newer Insider build contained on the ISO.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
To "boot your PC from the installation media" means that you would burn the ISO to a DVD-R disc or make a bootable USB drive from it, and use it to boot the machine.

I'm suggesting you not bother with that. Simply double-click the ISO you downloaded. This will mount it as a virtual DVD drive. Then run the setup program and tell it to keep everything. This will perform an upgrade install from your existing Windows 10 to the newer Insider build contained on the ISO.
One more thing - how would I revert back to production build if I would be facing any issues?

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
One more thing - how would I revert back to production build if I would be facing any issues?
There's a rollback option called "Go back to an earlier build" in settings under Update..Recovery. If this doesn't work for you, you'd need to boot from your older install media and install fresh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs