BSOD during update from Production to Fast Ring 14332

bobofgold

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently running production on my Surface Pro 3 but am trying to get back on to the Insider Fast Ring. I'm able to download the update and it starts installing, copies the files but then I get a BSOD during the next step. After the BSOD I get the restoring previous version of Windows and, once that's complete, Windows loads up fine back in to the production version reporting that some updates failed. I've not got the error code but am currently going through the process again so I can get it.

Any thoughts on how to resolve?

bobofgold

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Have just tried this again after clearing some space. It's during step 1 of 3 (Copying Files) that this happens. It didn't BSOD this time, it just restarted (or the BSOD disappeared before I could see it) and then restored.

I'm going from Production to 14332 fyi

bobofgold

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
FYI I managed to sort this by installing the latest slow ring build and then switching to fast ring. Now running 14332 fine

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I had a BSOD when installing this on my XPS13. It went to some 70% and then crashed. However, it resumed fine with installation and I got to 14332.
That didn't last long though. Something must have gotten hosed during installation. The laptop crashed every hour or so, specifically when I was watching video.
I went back to threshold.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077