Installing windows mobile insider preview in Lumia 625

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you use Insider on the Release Ring, the same version is fetched as the recent public Upgrade received by these phones (10.0.10586.xxx): Phones Eligible for Windows 10 Mobile Official.

If your phone is not on the supported list, then 10586.xxx (Threshold) is the end of the line. You may as well use Insider and select Production to un-enroll your phone from Insider, but at least you have W10M. WaaS (Windows as a Service) will deliver future updates within Threshold to you without any Insider access required.

Check out this thread: Windows Insider Testing and You [Recommended Guidelines]

For right now, Windows Device Recovery Tool is only flashing 8.1 to models that did not launch with 10 so it is the way to revert if you don't care for W10M: How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software?

sukhjit singh2

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Hey , I have 625 and update to windows 10 with insider phone will be hang and battery drain quickly . Because it's only 512 mb ram. It's not running successfully. And I back to 8.1 it's very costly.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey , I have 625 and update to windows 10 with insider phone will be hang and battery drain quickly . Because it's only 512 mb ram. It's not running successfully. And I back to 8.1 it's very costly.

Reset of the phone is recommended after Upgrade. It gives it a "clean install" and most users agree it avoids problems.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Maurizio Troso
Originally Posted by sukhjit singh2
The full release of windows 10 mobile for Nokia Lumia 625 ,512ram when comes.

That's ALREADY the full release, that's in Insider Release Preview Ring, same build as official

Haven't the 512mb ram devices been put on hold? I remember seeing that 512mb was producing very poor results, and therefore not receiving the official update yet, if at all. I tried the production preview on a 635 LTE (512mb) and it was a basket case. I haven't seen any updates to this yet, but I may have missed it.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Haven't the 512mb ram devices been put on hold? I remember seeing that 512mb was producing very poor results, and therefore not receiving the official update yet, if at all. I tried the production preview on a 635 LTE (512mb) and it was a basket case. I haven't seen any updates to this yet, but I may have missed it.

I know very well, not official but Release preview till Threshold will end.
There's something I missed, I continue receving Insider Release updates on my 520, like other users. Is it possible NEW users can't join anymore???

Gowtham Bheeman

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I was already an insider.. Recently had to rollback to 8.1 due to severe battery drain issues.. Now when I use the insider app and check for updates it says ur device #Lumia625 is not supported.. Maybe I signed into fast ring (since I was in it already).. Should I try release preview..

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I was already an insider.. Recently had to rollback to 8.1 due to severe battery drain issues.. Now when I use the insider app and check for updates it says ur device #Lumia625 is not supported.. Maybe I signed into fast ring (since I was in it already).. Should I try release preview..
There's only Release for not eligible phones. Try again, you already was Insider, maybe you'll be lucky

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs