Insider Build 14342 Bugs and Issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I have had a browse through the site and cannot find a thread pertaining to this new build, released yesterday / last night ( depending where you are located )

A few issues have been posted in the comments threads, but I cannot find anything on the forums, apart from the post that it's available.

One of the biggest issues seems to be the update apparently stopping at the Windows Symbol 'splash' screen / loading screen. There have been a few squeaky bum moments for some. This can appear for quite a while, and MSFT suggest you leave alone for up to an hour! Some have tried powering down, which failed to clear the issue. Some are leaving the device for 30-40 mins, soft starting, and then the migrating data appears. My 950xl took 35 mins, and was quiet disconcerting.

There still seems to be issues with dual sim variants. Quick actions have been commented on as one or two users have had issues (still).

The glance screen seems to be back to normal, and works as it should.

I, personally, haven't had time to nit pick it yet, but I does seem to be getting there. I won't use terms like 'it seems quicker' or 'its snappier' as these are subjective comments.

How are you finding it?

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I think the getting stuck on the windows flag splash screen might be related to the updated GUI for the 'migrating data' part of the update process. It stuck for me and when I manually rebooted after about an hour it went straight into a normal boot, not via the 'migrating data' section - so I wonder if that was just working under a wrong display?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon