Cortana Killing My Battery

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
After installing the latest build from the fast ring, my battery drain has been massive. Never had an issue up to now.

The first app that seemed to be draining the battery was the start screen. I have a problem with the data setting and I had this pinned to the start screen, so I removed it and it seemed to get better.

Now this morning... the battery has drained within a couple of hours and now it seems to be Cortana.

wp_ss_20160518_0004.jpg

Anyone else seeing this?

Lumia 930 - 10.0.14342.1001

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
After installing the latest build from the fast ring, my battery drain has been massive. Never had an issue up to now.

The first app that seemed to be draining the battery was the start screen. I have a problem with the data setting and I had this pinned to the start screen, so I removed it and it seemed to get better.

Now this morning... the battery has drained within a couple of hours and now it seems to be Cortana.

View attachment 126501

Anyone else seeing this?

Lumia 930 - 10.0.14342.1001
if you were to disable it in the background, what would happen?

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I did a hard reset, due to another problem and now she doesn't show any information. No tiles, nothing. Just a search box.

Need to charge my phone first to see if she's still draining the battery.

allenbergst

May 18, 2016
Visit site
I found a similar thing happening, battery having a hard time charging even. Mine was showing Cortana and Microsoft health as the culprits. I disabled Microsoft health from running in the background and it seems to be better so far...

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by allenbergst
I found a similar thing happening, battery having a hard time charging even. Mine was showing Cortana and Microsoft health as the culprits. I disabled Microsoft health from running in the background and it seems to be better so far...

This was exactly what I was getting. Even a hard reset didn't solve it. I'm currently reinstalling the production build.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos