Outlook Mail and Calendar live tile not updating

David Keller

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Using latest 14342 build on Lumia 640. No matter what I do, I can't make mail and calendar tiles to show updates. Lock screen shows calendar event and new email counts properly.

Had same issue with previous slow build too. Any thoughts what may be misconfigured?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Using latest 14342 build on Lumia 640. No matter what I do, I can't make mail and calendar tiles to show updates. Lock screen shows calendar event and new email counts properly.

Had same issue with previous slow build too. Any thoughts what may be misconfigured?

can the mail app run in background? settings > privacy >background apps

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have the calendar tile updating, but not my pinned inboxes. Re-pinning the tile didn't help. I guess it's a small bug in the latest mail+calendar update which will hopefully be fixed in an update.

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem on my L640 DS.
It worked fine earlier but not on latest few builds.

Calendar tile shows wrong date until I restart the phone.

Mail sometimes shows latest message on the tile but it wont disappear when marked as read, so again fix is to restart the phone and have dead live tile.

David Keller

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I went a head and did hard reset, but it didn't help, tiles still not updating. Next I may try to wipe it and setup as a new phone, but hate to spend that much time.

Jamar Wright

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Yeah..it sucks. But I just do a battery pull, and all is well again. There are other ways as well. Hopefully they'll fix this problem soon.

peterrey

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Still having the same mail updating problem although Calendar seems to been sorted with my 1520 even after the 1004 upgrade and the latest mail and calendar update

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I have this problem as well. It has got to be a known bug right? I see lots of post in feedback hub about this. I have to resize the tile everyday just to make it show the correct date (repining the tile also works). This is kind of ridiculous that MS still hasn't fix such a simple yet fundamental feature of their calendar app.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have this problem as well. It has got to be a known bug right? I see lots of post in feedback hub about this. I have to resize the tile everyday just to make it show the correct date (repining the tile also works). This is kind of ridiculous that MS still hasn't fix such a simple yet fundamental feature of their calendar app.

It was fixed weeks ago, check if by chance there are pending app updates in Store queue, and Search

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I had the problem my mail apps tiles were not updated. I deleted the accounts, in the case where I could not delete, I turned email off. I then restarted and then set them up again. They now seem to be working. It may not be the same issue, because I did not appear to be having issues with my calendar. My mail was not showing up in notifications either. It was turned on. However, it was showing up on my Band 2.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
And why is that? From what I hear fast ring is getting fairly stable now.

Fast ring now brings two builds a week, usually the 2nd/3rd fixes some main 1st one's bugs. So in slow ring only "definitive preview" build is released, without all messes some people report everywhere.
After entering in the fast ring, only way going back without a restore is stopping and waiting an upper build .
Your choose ;)

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I have given feedback for this numerous times. Unfortunately calendar and mail tiles are not updating in many devices.

Dona Sakar, Insider Preview manager, is tweeting about boy groups and her cats. Go figure...

Stalled calendar updates can be reactivated by adding an event and deleting it again. Stupid, but works. I also had the problem that syncing with iCloud stopped working. Again, switch it off an on makes it come to live.

Stupid bugs, there seem to be lots of unqualified staff working.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb