Outlook Mail and Calendar live tile not updating

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Finally Calendar Live Tile issue resolved for me after I recovered my Lumia 830 through Windows Device Recovery Tool.
Half of my Sunday wasted in this lengthy process, in which phone got downgraded to WP8.1 by downloading almost 1.79 GB. Then installed Upgrade Advisor to get W10M, then 1-2 updated for W10M. Then configured all apps again. Overall 12-14 hours and 3-4 GB of data utilised in this process!!!
Few other issues like Google Contact not displaying also resolved. And profile pics also recovered for all contacts which I had assigned earlier.

Now I will never ever factory reset my phone again!!!

I went through this in Aug or Sept.It was an exhausting experience.I did not need any hard reset since then and I hope I won't need to .

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
OMG, updated calendar app yesterday and now the tile is COMPLETELY DEAD.

I struggled for months with the tile not updating issue before finally biting the bullet and doing a WDRT to fix it. And now with a single update they've completely killed it. Neither resize, repin, nor restarting the phone helps; the tile just shows the outlook icon, no date. I'm so pissed right now... How does something like this even get pass QA?!

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

I struggled for months with the tile not updating issue before finally biting the bullet and doing a WDRT to fix it. And now with a single update they've completely killed it. Neither resize, repin, nor restarting the phone helps; the tile just shows the outlook icon, no date. I'm so pissed right now... How does something like this even get pass QA?!

My Outlook Mail and Calendar got an update today morning.It is working normally so far .Let me see what happens after the date changes.I am a non insider.
I can understand your frustration.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site

I have given my old Lumia 532 to my brother, I only did a hard reset. The app time doesn't sync to him, and I just left it to him as it is. He has the Outlook calendar default tile, he doesn't even know he should have something else there, and he's happy. :D Ignorance is bliss. :D

Perhaps that is the best solution here - to have another calendar tile app, and to have a small Outlook calendar tile nearby to add or remove events. That would be there best for me at least as I prefer Outlook calendar interface before any other calendar app, though some of them have better tiles.

Sadly, he also has issues with Skype preview from time to time - his camera won't turn on during video call very often. It doesn't happen to be, and I could again bite the bullet for him, but I don't date to do that now when I know some people have issues with signing in to their Microsoft accounts after getting wp8.1, thus they are unable to upgrade to w10m...

I don't get what are they doing... Right now Alarm & clock also has issue with the tile not updating after waking you up. I they messed up Groove Music really bad... Its live tile and the music turns off when you close the app.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

Calendar tile is working normally for me till now since that WDRT in Aug 2016.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if this "Reset phone and now Outlook live tile not working" issue is still present on the Creators update (RS2). Has anyone tried yet?

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
My phone suddenly started freezing today so I went for a hard reset and now the non-updating Mail and Calendar tile is back.I do not have the enthusiasm for a WDRT again right now.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Damn, not again with this issue... :(

Did you do hard reset with pulling a restore, or without a restore?

EDIT: Maybe it does work, maybe what you has right now was an isolated occurrence of this issue. The tile works well for me, but sometimes it does does refuse to update. It brings the tile with Outlook calendar icon, and it stays like that until I resize the tile or do something else in the calendar. But generally it works. Almost always it does.

STORMY13

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
I have an AT&T Go 640 that the Calendar and Mail apps never updated regardless of how may updates for it/them came out. I then debranded my phone a few months ago with the AR ROM, and it has been working ever since.

It did stop working again after I did a hard reset to fix the Bluetooth issue, and once back up and running the mail tile wouldn't update, yet the Calendar did. Left it for a couple of days and the next update to the app and the mail tile started working again.

Just checked in the Store for the update status, and the Mail and Calendar app had another update today, and both tiles are still working.

P.S. Currently on 15205

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
And it's broken again. What are they doing that keeps breaking to live tile!

My Outlook Calendar tile won't even show the date now, let alone any events.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion