Cortana not showing headlines, weather etc. since last Redmond update

Smiggyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 640, UK, since last update live tile shows headlines but when clicked into scroll bar move to show content running of screen but nothing there? Anyone else??

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Smiggyy
Lumia 640, UK, since last update live tile shows headlines but when clicked into scroll bar move to show content running of screen but nothing there? Anyone else??

Are you on the Redstone 'insider' build? If so, I suffered it as well. For some reason, Cortana has been pretty much useless after 8.1. I ended up doing a Hard Reset, and switching to USA region etc. The live tile still has issues, but the rest of Cortana works well. Unlike the UK version, I can now track parcels, flights, distances to destinations, calendar appointments and all the UK sports headlines. On top of this MS Health is connected so I get info from my band 2 on the home page.

I have noticed, on the US set up, you have the option of allowing Cortana to access your data and she asks you to sign in. This is not present on the UK one when I tried it.

On the 10586.318, I got zip from Cortana. No live tile, unless you select news headlines, although it still stopped being live, no tracking etc. Pretty much everything the US one does, the UK doesn't!

Very frustrating considering the perfectly working beta version.

WPTommy

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Worked it out. On phone you just need to install English (US) as a language pack and on PC you have to set English (US) as the default language. I then set formats to UK and set keyboard to UK. I get US news but it is more than the nothing I got before

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte