Can't reinstall Word (14342.1004)

SpideyCoco

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I had to free up some space in my phone to install yesterday's update so my usual choice is to uninstall the office apps since they always reinstall themselves with every update (bug or feature?).

The thing is, yesterday that didn't happen so I had to reinstall them. No problem with excel and powerpoint but I couldn't manage to install word since the store shows it as installed even when going to My library but I'm positive the app isn't installed as it doesn't even appear in the storage settings.

And when I open word in store it loads, briefly shows "this product is installed" and then it closes.

Is there a solution? Or do I have to wait and see if it reinstalls with the next build?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I had to free up some space in my phone to install yesterday's update so my usual choice is to uninstall the office apps since they always reinstall themselves with every update (bug or feature?).

The thing is, yesterday that didn't happen so I had to reinstall them. No problem with excel and powerpoint but I couldn't manage to install word since the store shows it as installed even when going to My library but I'm positive the app isn't installed as it doesn't even appear in the storage settings.

And when I open word in store it loads, briefly shows "this product is installed" and then it closes.

Is there a solution? Or do I have to wait and see if it reinstalls with the next build?

In storage, tap on Word and select Remove. Then go in Store, search Word and install again.
Elsewhere, try SysApp pusher

SpideyCoco

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Word doesn't show in Storage, so I can't tap and remove. And when I open the Word listing in the Store, it closes. Also, SysApp pusher didn't show the Office apps, and it would take me to the Store to download it so it would be kind of the same issue

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

you've tried the usual soft reset?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers