W10M Insider Preview 10586.420 Discussion (Threshold Branch, Inactive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

omerfbingol

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 10586.420 Issues (Threshold Branch, Release Ring)

It seems the phone just got 'snappy' again. I literally move around the phone menus just because it's so quicker now. Before this, I was just scrolling down the app list/start menu just to open a particular app/change a specific setting and be done with it. Now, I don't know, I just scroll up and down aimlessly ;)

Dipayans24

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site

I know but seriously anybody's out there whose wifi hotspot working under lock screen especially 920/925/1020 on .420??. With this update its completely broken, screen on/off doesn't matter, thinking of reverting to WP 8.1

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14364 Issues (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

The first time I tried it I swear it said 14366, now I tried it again and it says 14364. Maybe I misread it, I don't know.

They may have switched it midstream... By the time I was aware it was bifurcated. Too bad as they were doing good on the lockstep between PC/Mobile.

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

Have it on my Lumia 640 and the main thing is that notifications are still wonky. Notification sounds for email and messages sometimes work, sometimes don't. They'll start working for an hour, then stop, then I might not get a notification sound all day. Luckily, the alarms work well and the sound for that always comes on.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

I was just about to revert back to .318 from .338 (by uninstalling the insider app after getting to w10m from wp8.1) I saw this one and started updating.
Since then (it's been 15 hours), only problem is the 'bing is not available' error on the search app. I am so sad b/c of this whole cortana/search/bing thing with the w10m. My phone has three capacitive buttons, and I really loved the search button on WP8.1 where I could even select a text and press the search button to search that highlighted word. Now, my search button is useless. I just use bing.com on Edge now. I was getting mad when Cortana couldn't get my commands and do a web search instead. Now, Cortana can't even do a web search for a word I've just typed in.

Hard reset any ? Fixed it for me.

omerfbingol

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site

It's fixed now, no hard reset, just some use and maybe a normal restart I guess.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14364 Issues (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

They may have switched it midstream... By the time I was aware it was bifurcated. Too bad as they were doing good on the lockstep between PC/Mobile.

Very well could have because the 14364 update I have now works no problem.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

I was just about to revert back to .318 from .338 (by uninstalling the insider app after getting to w10m from wp8.1) I saw this one and started updating.
Since then (it's been 15 hours), only problem is the 'bing is not available' error on the search app. I am so sad b/c of this whole cortana/search/bing thing with the w10m. My phone has three capacitive buttons, and I really loved the search button on WP8.1 where I could even select a text and press the search button to search that highlighted word. Now, my search button is useless. I just use bing.com on Edge now. I was getting mad when Cortana couldn't get my commands and do a web search instead. Now, Cortana can't even do a web search for a word I've just typed in.

I am sorry to here you have problems however you would not be able to get back to .318 in the manner you describe. You would have to go back to 8.1 and upgrade again.

Neil Smith

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site

No, its a whole different thing for 925s. I can confirm this that the hotspot is not working under the lock screen even deleting the known WiFi Apn doesn't seems to work but in .338 it was working under the lock screen for the first time since i upgraded. But looks like the battery has slightly improved.
Anyways, changelog for 10586.420 (June Cumulative Update) is here - Announcement: June Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Mobile - Microsoft Community

Edit:No battery life is still the same.

The trick with setting WiFi not to connect automatically still seems to work. Fine if the WiFi password is a simple one, not so good when the IT guys insist on ridiculously long passwords!

I Like Cheese

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
I use the phone settings feature to show my caller ID to only My Contacts when I dial out. If I make a call from my contact list or people list, it works fine, however if I am in a text message and hit the little Phone icon at the bottom to dial the person from the text message window, it blocks the caller ID even if they are a contact. Result is that all of my calls that I dial from the text message window are received at the other end as "Restricted"

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Cortana seems a little lost still, even after updating from .318 and then doing a hard reset. It seems to work sporadically with wired headsets when I have it set to read text messages. Haven't tried it with bluetooth yet, as my truck doesn't have that capability. I'll tell it to read it, and I get nothing. In 8.1, even if it was just a picture, Cortana would tell me "media content in this message". Additionally, Cortana still seems to abruptly cut off the completion chime of sending a text message. It'll say "sent" and then no chime, and my phone opens the password lock screen. I can't seem to get much else out of Cortana until I unlock the phone and let it finish... I reported this when running build 318.
Agree with Neil Smith; battery life isn't any better than build 318.
Surfy gave me some issues, but does now work. Seems to take longer to pull up the initial page/screen. Accuweather dropped off the face of the earth. Don't know if it's a W10M compatibility issue or something else?

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Not as bad as it used to be, but sometimes when I start with a photo and select to share it via another app like Outlook or Twitter the second app will crash and go back to the homescreen when I am typing my message; however, if I try a second time it always works.

omerfbingol

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site

I am sorry to here you have problems however you would not be able to get back to .318 in the manner you describe. You would have to go back to 8.1 and upgrade again.

I meant to say that actually, reverting back to 8.1 and so on.. I saw the .420 just around the time I was downloading W10M via insider on my fresh 8.1 :)

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Sadly on my 435, the store glitch still remains for me. It took 3 tries to update all of the system apps that needed to be downloaded. This is really annoying. I even tried updating the store app first with little difference. :/

Marsiss Tian

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
950xl. The battery is drained faster, but the main issue is the heat generated during I play my game app, the phone was way too hot, not even the back of the phone, but also the screen I was touching.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
On my ATT Nokia 830:

1.photos/videos are not uploading to One Drive. Have to do it manually while connected, one at a time.

2.very laggy loading my contacts when I go to move using first letter menu.

3.Cortana acting weird when using voice commands, less accuracy and not consistent.

4.Cortana no longer gives last night's scores of my favorite teams. When I wake up in the morning and open Cortana, it gives me only tonight's and upcoming games, not the final score of the game that finished the day before. I do get a notification, but should be on my Cortana home page as well.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me?

Or with 10586.420 did the "throw" on lockscreen to get the PIN pad become more difficult.

I used to be able to just flick and get it. Now it is a loooong slide, finger on the screen the whole travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6