Removed features: What do you miss the most?

WPJanssen

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
- FM Radio
- LinkedIn Integration
- Speed! (only battery drain is much faster)
- Pedometer (app)
- Smooth animations
- GUI consistency
- Kid's corner
- 30 minutes option before sign in again
We see Android and iOS evolve like crazy and WP10 is only loosing features. What's next? I think podcasts will also be deleted.
I hope they do keep the Phone app live for a little while ;-). I was tinking to wait for the Surface Phone, but I don't see how that can impress when the software isn't any good.

daffetz

May 19, 2015
Visit site
The old Bing News app. Much better, never crashed randomly for me

Native QR code scanner... Why the f* remove this?

Solid black color on the UI, not this weird grey like in the settings menu - feels like I'm using a cheap LCD display. I wish no app would follow this "trend". Black not only look better, it helps save some battery on phones with Oled displays.

Square pictures on contacts and album art. No need to go full iOS on those.

solid black colours look childish to me , the grey like colours are the real deal for me and is a very good improvement. i would also like the brightness to be reduced even futher, so that at night i will not be blinded by me screen display. and thast part of what i like in IOS

Jarno Vihervaara

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I definitely miss FM radio and QR scanner. I think all phones basic functions should be covered within the basic install.
Even bad radio is better than none at all. And QR-scanner button in cortana would be just brilliant, like it used to be.

And lately I miss sms and skype chat integration. would be awesome if more apps could be integrated there or other app that works in similar fashion.

lostfields

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
HERE Apps is replaced by Maps in W10M? Offline maps is still there and transit works if you choose the bus icon as travel method (instead of car or walking) when using navigation?

Celldweller97

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I definitely miss FM radio and QR scanner. I think all phones basic functions should be covered within the basic install.
Even bad radio is better than none at all. And QR-scanner button in cortana would be just brilliant, like it used to be.

And lately I miss sms and skype chat integration. would be awesome if more apps could be integrated there or other app that works in similar fashion.

The Skype UWA will have sms integration

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Besides what was already covered, I would like to see Double Tap to wake phone, seems like if a good feature isn't caught in a build, it goes away in the next build. There is Double tap in the tool bar to close, was in only 1 build, then that to went away.

Canjok

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Flip to Silence... a great feature...

On my Lumia 640, flip to silence is under settings->extras->Touchinput and here the second trigger. I translated it from german to english, so it may differ on your phone (or maybe this feature is phone relevant ...)

edit: the location of this setting seems a bit stupid as it has nothing to do with touch...

Vivien R

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
As for many: QR code reading. It should be such a basic function.
People app integrating History content from social networks.
People tile is just a tile, not even have a badge counter for incoming SMS or Email.
Decluttered audio functionality integrate Groove, Podcast and all audio stuff into one.
Properly working Cortana. Current release ring on not answering properly, transit suggestion not open Map app.
Tasks in Outlook
FM Radio, ain't used it often, but it was part of the system.
Yes, Panoramas. It was great, instead this hamburger stuff...

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
1. I miss people hub integration by far the most with live tile updates for people and groups. Without it, the whole live tile interface lacks propose or meaning.
2. Reliability
3. Photosynth
4. Wireless sync
5. Bing Vision
6. Smart DJ
7. Innovation. Without #1 and other unique features, there is nothing to talk about; Kids corner, FM radio and rooms were others
8. Attention to detail and beauty that was in previous versions
9. Speed, efficiency, and prompt live tile updates; I assume they are going to fix some of that one day
10. Smooth one handed operation

laevanay

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
On my Lumia 640, flip to silence is under settings->extras->Touchinput and here the second trigger. I translated it from german to english, so it may differ on your phone (or maybe this feature is phone relevant ...)

edit: the location of this setting seems a bit stupid as it has nothing to do with touch...

Unfortunately, it does not exist in the Lumia 950 on WM10.

WPhoner

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, it does not exist in the Lumia 950 on WM10.

It was gone for a long time on my 640XL too, they brought flip to silence back a couple of builds ago so it looks like it will (or should) come to the 950's if its not already

*NOTE: on my 640XL its under settings > extras > audio > then slide over to "Enhancements"

an EQUALLY stupid place to hide...er.. put it

breaker119

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I really miss the Me Tile. It was genuinely great!

You can still save your own number as "Me" and then pin it to the start screen but the square photo with push down animation is what I actually miss. :unhappy:

The Me Tile was best though when there was still actual social integration

IsraelDuran

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
My restaurant searching works. She undestand pizza, fast food, dinner, bar, chinese, jap food (Italy country)
I'm in the US and it only works when I specify big chains and say or write something like "find" or "look for" but for instance if I didnt know the exact name of whatever place I wanted to go to it would just pull up a standard bing search.

while before in the local tab (or whatever it was called) of Cortana, you would get all businesses in your area with ratings and able to dive in for more info or navigation within cortana, not some web link. And for instance I just wanted to search "select" a well known physical therapy chain and nothing came up with just "select" I had to put in "find select physical therapy".

Overall much less functional and just not natural or convenient.

breaker119

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe nobody has mentioned that 10 no longer reads my text messages to me when I'm on headphones (or plugged into the aux jack of my car, which was most of the time I'm in my car).

Mine will read texts over Bluetooth (Cortana setting) - but what really kills me is that it won't read my Skype messages aloud that are coming into the messaging app!

ishaniiit

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I miss following features :
1. People hub integration( Though present, not functional as 8.1)
2. Time since last charge in battery saver.
3. When was app updated last time &
4. List of app which have been recently updated in store.
5. Don't like circles in people app.

bellyer

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
It may not be gone yet, but I already miss Kids Corner. Such a great feature that really should have been advertised more. Everyone I talk to with iPhones and Android is impressed by the fact that I can hand my phone to my son and let him play around in his own sandboxed part of my phone without access to my apps/e-mail/messaging and not have to worry at all about what he does with it. Apps Corner is certainly no substitute, at least not in its current state. Apps Corner is an absolute mess.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I miss following features :
1. People hub integration( Though present, not functional as 8.1)
2. Time since last charge in battery saver.
3. When was app updated last time &
4. List of app which have been recently updated in store.
5. Don't like circles in people app.

Nos 1 ...Absolutely spot on!!! Remember the Facebook speed challenge video that MSFT?? In it people on the street were ask who can write someone's FB wall fastest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb