Removed features: What do you miss the most?

Cree Ray

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm pissed they removed the spoken caller id.
It rang, read the name or number, rang, name or number etc...
Was one of my favorite things about my phone.
It was under ease of access on 8.1

Regardless, i feel like my 830 runs like crap with windows 10, so i'm going back to 8.1
The camera is border line useless, by the time it takes a picture, the subject is normally gone.

Spoken Caller Id is still present. Settings -> Ease Of Access -> More Options -> Use speech to announce caller ID

jkelek

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by AllanQuatermain
Originally Posted by Zulfigar
It's there, but not available on every device...

I have the 650, and 950XL just ordered arriving soon, have been with windows phone since day one staying to the end,as yet I can not find Double tap to unlock on 650, hope it arrives soon a very useful feature, still using 820/920 with this feature, any one know how to have text messages read aloud as it was easy to find in 8.1, any advice will be appreciated many thanks,

the setting is in cortana/settings. "Read incoming text messages aloud"

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
What do you miss the most?
The old Music+Videos live tile.
The old Health & Fitness live tile.
For me, most of the benefit of Windows Phone has always been live tiles.
If the live tile isn't advertising relevant content, it's just a launcher like iOS/Android.
Apps, especially first-party ones, should exploit the live tile system.
Many apps don't even have a "live" tile.
JJ

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Ancient thread here, but the iOS11 release reminded me that MS removed integrated the QR reader, presumably due to lack of use. Well guess what, the iOS11 camera app auto-detects QR codes. Sigh..

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Ancient thread here, but the iOS11 release reminded me that MS removed integrated the QR reader, presumably due to lack of use. Well guess what, the iOS11 camera app auto-detects QR codes. Sigh..

One thing I learn. Microsoft toss things that don't seem good. Apple turns around and makes it great.... In other words Microsoft does the same thing over and over.... They simply keep shooting there foot all the time.

These are times I wish Microsoft would take our feedback serious on the feedback panel. Heck sometimes we get a dimwit engineer that don't even respond to anything of what a person has suggested or complain about on subject....

And no im not a Apple fan. I enjoy my Windows Phone like many on here do themselves. In fact I much prefer Windows Mobile the whole UWP is awesome just not thrown out there to let people know. sadly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786