W10M Insider Preview 14367 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me or do apps update automatically in the store even though "Update apps automatically while I'm on Wifi" is set to Off?

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
It's still pretty early but I am hugely impressed with power management on this build. I'm letting Windows manage ALL background usage AND I have "Hey Cortana" enabled (for the first time) and battery life is still better than any previous Fast Ring build for me.

Also, this is the first Fast Ring build where I have not had to soft reset or even power off the phone to get some apps to work properly.

I have been wondering when the builds would start to feel polished - this is the first one for me where that seems to be the case.

Rican914

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Updated yesterday and did have some very slight problems with getting the phone out of sleep mode. But I like to give it a day or two before I write about it. Today did a soft reset and all seems well. Groove and Bluetooth works great! Battery life is really good and so far, can't find any new bugs. But....I'm getting to addicted to these frequent updates. Always looking forward to them. Ha, ha! 950xl DS unlocked and in NY.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Bug still present

It's funny that i've never seen anyone complain about the photos app bug. I submitted feedback about it too but never even got one upvote

Open Photos App
Go to "Albums"
Select any album there
Open a picture, any picture.
Hit the back button .
Look at the bottom right hand corner - The "Select" option is gone.

This does not happen in collection view or in folders.. Only in albums.

mgowen

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 950 : The production branch is feeling so polished, but wanted to find out what I was missing so went Fast on Thursday, getting new update Friday morning. Yeah, now back on production branch.

Store is nice and some great features, but the overall feel is like the 10### felt like six months ago on my Lumia 640! Very sluggish generally, as if the firmware needs refinement. BBC iPlayer cannot run in full-screen at more than 10-15fps...very stuttery. Just turned back to production to test - smooth as silk, so definitely the OS holding things up. Can clearly see progress, but this is way away from mainstream...

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been on release ring for a long time so I needed a change - currently going to fast ring! Living life on the wild side? :wink:

Magikal

May 15, 2015
Visit site
The battery life is worse compared to the 10586.420 build. Much worse. There are few bugs here and there, some glitches and app crashes. Viber notifications are totally broken. Messenger (Beta) is slow and constantly crashes. The built-in apps are stable, although that's never been an issue for Microsoft.

Richard Durishin

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I am having a pretty critical issue: Homescreen lock-up.

When I hit the Home button, the screen tales a bit to load, when it is loaded, it is frozen.

Tied to that, perhaps, is hte fact that attempting to use one of the images on my SD card as the background can't be done. Attempts to "set as" are returned with "We can't use that picture, select another one..."

Concerned that it might be an SD card issue, I have reformatted that and decided to swear off changing the background picture from default for a while. On my third hard reset following loading this latest fast ring release.

No bueno!

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this is an app issue but I have now noticed more things with this build.

1 - On a login prompt (e.g. for Microsoft Account in Edge), if I type too quickly the application closes itself.
2 - Messages sometimes displays the incorrect number of messages (e.g. 3 when I don't have any).
3 - Both Skype and LINE, as a live tile, are not entirely real-time and both show last communication.
4 - The LINE app no longer plays the default LINE sound for a new message but the same system sound as all other notifications.
5 - Another store issue, for stock apps (apps that are installed by default from OEM - e.g. LINE), if I browse to the app in the store it says an update is available but the option to download the update is not available (cannot be tapped), You have to uninstall the stock version and apply the update manually by downloading it from the store.

Thanks.

Makrem97

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
installed this build two days ago and still cannot update my apps even when i press for check for updates the store looks for updates but doesn't show any
any solution please ?
P.s the same happens on my pc (build 14367

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
installed this build two days ago and still cannot update my apps even when i press for check for updates the store looks for updates but doesn't show any
any solution please ?
P.s the same happens on my pc (build 14367

Same country then, it seems a local store endpoint temporary iussue

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Runs smooth for the most part just a few weird lockups.

*going to notification area when it is loading all the apps for notification it becomes unresponsive till all the apps load. Typically they would load instantly and work fine. Can't scroll for that time.

*Battery drops like crazy at times

*unit heats up beyond anything I have experienced thus far. Mine has always run cool. I think that it's related to the battery heat.

*Edge no longer seems to close tabs when I hit back but keeps them open. Could be why battery gets eaten but I always forget to close the tabs.

*Instagram crashes on load.

Haven't experienced anything else.

Not sure if this is an app issue but I have now noticed more things with this build.

4 - The LINE app no longer plays the default LINE sound for a new message but the same system sound as all other notifications.

Thanks.

Maybe go to the notification center and see if the ringtone got reset. Mine plays the appropriate sound for Line.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss