W10M Insider Preview 14367 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

KrisM

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
My 950XL has a long list of background apps and I don't turn any of them off, Hey Cortana and Windows Hello always on and I find the battery when idle pretty solid. It usually goes down by 1% every hour. Last night it went from 53% to 46% from 11pm to 6am. But the drain from using Edge is huge and my phone usually gets pretty warm.

Battery life on my L950 is pretty much te same. And indeed, when using Edge battery comsumption is very high and phone gets hot. Hope MS fixes this very soon.

Bobaloba

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14367 Issues (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

My 930 is using almost 10% battery per hour in standby. No app crashes for me so far though.

Woembah

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
For me it was Groove Music causing heavy battery drains and a hot phone. Disabling Groove's background tasks fixed it. I am curious if more people can verify this.

eepyaich

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm on an L930 (UK variant) and made the jump from slow ring to fast with this build.

The reason I wanted to try the latest build was that I got a Sphero BB-8 for Father's day and the app didn't work on the old build (it put up a "please enter your age" page, but wouldn't actually take any input. On the plus side, with the new build, this worked (hurrrah - not a sad Dad on fathers day).

Sadly, I'm having massive battery issues, though.

- On standby, I've seen that I'm using somewhere between 10 and 20% an hour. One culprit seemed to be MS health (I thought they'd fixed that a few builds back!).

- Actually using the phone seems to drain ridiculously fast - a 7 minute play with BB-8 seemed to use about 25% of battery, as did a 5 minute game of King of Thieves. Admittedly, KoT always used a lot of battery, but it feels like this build the usage is higher (but maybe I'm just super sensitive given the very poor standby performance).

I only updated yesterday, so am still in the 48 hour window that people say you need for builds to settle down, but its all a bit scary at the moment!

Luk Tanguy

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Using a Lumia 950Xl dual Sim and my old Nokia Lumia 930 both the build 14367.0

- 950 Xl: The phone is slightly faster than the previous builds, longer battery life, but the dual sim still has data issues which makes the phone sometimes not usable bcause data has to be on to launch a good number of apps. Sometimes while typing the in apps, the phone bugs and when the app is close the keyboard stay on the screen even after going back to the start screen.
- 930:
the phone is much faster than before, responds well, but the keyboard issue is there as well

Quethrosar

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Groove update not showing as an update.
Store was stuck on older version, had to download the appx.
alarm was not loud at all, it was almost inaudible.
flakiness with windows hello turning on, sometimes it's on sometimes it's not.
spinning progress bar in store
background tasks seem to not always run

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
My 950 XL still could use the volume of the ringtone increase, at times when I have the phone in my pocket as walking, I have missed calls, because I couldn't hear it. My dog is usually walking with me, and he didn't even let me know the phone was ringing. I have downloaded additional ringtones from FREE Ringtones app, and when playing the ringtone to test it, the volume goes much higher, so why can't the incoming ringtone be boosted?

When I walked with my BLU WIN HD LTE , if I didn't hear the phone, my dog would let me know it's ringing.

Panos Athanasiou

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Well the W10M Insider Preview 14367 on my phone (lumia 535) works great nothing big to notice only problem that on locked screen when i tap on cellular on action bar it will unlock my phone (my phone ofc has no password i imagine it will require a password if you have one)
also i noticed much better battery life than the previus builds :D

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Battery life on my L950 is pretty much te same. And indeed, when using Edge battery comsumption is very high and phone gets hot. Hope MS fixes this very soon.

I've noticed the same issue of phone getting hot while using Edge on my L950XL DS, even though battery life for me is good. I've also noted that the Store live tile is not working properly. I can get it to work for a while by toggling off and on again the live tile in Store settings, but it soon stops working again. Left feedback for both issues

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm on an L930 (UK variant) and made the jump from slow ring to fast with this build.

The reason I wanted to try the latest build was that I got a Sphero BB-8 for Father's day and the app didn't work on the old build (it put up a "please enter your age" page, but wouldn't actually take any input. On the plus side, with the new build, this worked (hurrrah - not a sad Dad on fathers day).

Sadly, I'm having massive battery issues, though.

- On standby, I've seen that I'm using somewhere between 10 and 20% an hour. One culprit seemed to be MS health (I thought they'd fixed that a few builds back!).

- Actually using the phone seems to drain ridiculously fast - a 7 minute play with BB-8 seemed to use about 25% of battery, as did a 5 minute game of King of Thieves. Admittedly, KoT always used a lot of battery, but it feels like this build the usage is higher (but maybe I'm just super sensitive given the very poor standby performance).

I only updated yesterday, so am still in the 48 hour window that people say you need for builds to settle down, but its all a bit scary at the moment!

Remove Health from phone it's an app well know iussue, and set Edge disabled in background

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
What phone are you using? I am finding battery life on my 950 good...

using a L930. Battery life is very sketchy. what i used to get a full day with the previous build i am barely getting past dinner time with this one .
and yes this aint even my daily driver, i use the L930 to handle mail and work related information only.

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Check wich app is draining most and remove it from background. Remember every build set most core apps all ON.
Pretty sure you got Outlook, Health or something else continuous caching in background.
The long Goodbye sign is a feature: now stays till phone is COMPLETELY turned down, on the contrary than before, very useful when needing rebooting or removing battery, sim or sd without the risk of doing it with still powered phone

my bad i had no idea about the "goodbye" feature . anyways it isnt much of an problem to me.
most of my core apps are always removed from the background after my work is done with that particular app, just like i always have been doing.

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
noticed a few more bugs today.
1. camera > touch to focus doesn't seem to work at times, nor do the back,home,or search buttons. the only way to exit the app is to lock the phone using the power button and unlock it again.
2. store> refuses to show any update to any apps even there is an update. the only way to update the app ( and realize there is an update) is if you open an apps and it redirects you to the store claiming there is an update.

eepyaich

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Remove Health from phone it's an app well know issue

Sadly, removing Health is going to really bugger up the usefulness of my Band!

Annoyingly, when the announcement that they'd "fixed" the battery issues with Health came out, I was surprised, as I'd never hit the problem. Since then, though, I have noticed it a few times (both on the current "slow" update and this latest "fast") - sometimes starting Health properly seems to have resolved it, but with this build its just a disaster no matter what I try. I'll set it to not run in BG, but presumably that means I won't get any notifications on my Band, which will be sad...

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Runs smooth for the most part just a few weird lockups.

*going to notification area when it is loading all the apps for notification it becomes unresponsive till all the apps load. Typically they would load instantly and work fine. Can't scroll for that time.

*Battery drops like crazy at times

*unit heats up beyond anything I have experienced thus far. Mine has always run cool. I think that it's related to the battery heat.

*Edge no longer seems to close tabs when I hit back but keeps them open. Could be why battery gets eaten but I always forget to close the tabs.

*Instagram crashes on load.

Haven't experienced anything else.

Here's some more stuff:

Improvements:

*Edge in continuum actually runs pretty well now. Since there isn't a viable feedly integrated App for mobile with continuum that I like, I can use Edge. MyReader is there but the UI is a bit messy and has some issues with my categories. But Edge actually loads everything well now and I haven't really had too many issues unless I get a site that has javascript based pop-up ads right within the page that darken the rest of the page and require to be closed.

*Iris scanning: seems to be more consistent and quicker. Previous build it would fail at times and required me to enter pin.

Issues:

*Hey Cortana just stops working at times till I reboot the phone.

*There are some apps that will just crash while running. Windows central is a good example while I'm looking at comments and scroll down enough it just force exits. A few games too will exit randomly.

*Photos: Sometimes the photos app gets in some weird state where I can't move the picture after zoomed and if I pinch to zoom out it just disappears. Restarting app fixes it.

*word flow: It seems pretty bad in this one. I will spell out words really slowly making a stop on the exact letters I want and it will literally choose words with completely different letters. I kept trying to spell "comics". I mean it was pretty obvious I was so careful and slow to do it, but it kept choosing different words. Eventually I did it manually a few times and it started getting the right word. But it does that with so many words it's sort of making it a pain as I have to keep changing them after I proof read.

iradeut

Jun 27, 2005
Visit site
Using a 950 DS, and noticing the notifications seem broken for certain apps that were definitely working in the last build. CNN, Twitter and ESPN are broken. Windows Central, Bing News, Facebook and CBS News are working. Anyone else experiencing this?

ruserious87

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Bluetooth connectivity issues... When I connect my 950XL to my vehicles head unit (Subaru) the music plays normal all controls work. After about 10-15 mins of playing the sounds cuts out. On the phone the song is still playing and on the head-unit its still playing, but no sound. If I disconnect it and try to reconnect, it takes forever to connect. It will sometimes randomly connect if I leave Bluetooth on have a conversation, end call and music will not play. Sometimes it doesn't connect at all for days. I have been experiencing this with the last few builds. It only does this with my vehicle all other Bluetooth connections are stable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)