Time to jump in? Lumia 950

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I am running the current production release on my 950DS. All is well at this point. I follow this very carefully, but at this point I don't have the Insider (fast or slow) on any of my devices.

In reading the threads it seems things are getting close. I am interested in some of the new features in RS.

I only use one Sim so I won't see the DS problems.

I am fully capable of troubleshooting and using WDRT if necessary, but I hate hard resets. They are a pain to deal with.

My plan would be to do the upgrade without a hard reset and see what things are like. My device does not have a ton of stuff to deal with. Should this not work I would do the reset and try again. Should that not work, then back to production.

Is 14367 stable enough to give it a try? I would do the same thing on my Surface 3.

What do you think?

This is companion thread to one in the PC insider forum.

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
From my perspective I have less issues with current fast ring than I did with production(To be fair I haven't been on production since Restone was put in fast, so I haven't used any of the recent production builds). Not to say it doesn't have bugs/quirks, but in my experience it is more polished and more features to boot.(Love music controls on the lock screen)

Obviously there are others with the opposite experience.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I was watching on tv the Qualify sessions of the Formula 1 Grand Prix of Europe in Baku, I confirm Ferrari boxes uses all Lumia 950s plugged to monitors for showing data to in-car drivers :D

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Maurizio Troso
I was watching on tv the Qualify sessions of the Formula 1 Grand Prix of Europe in Baku, I confirm Ferrari boxes uses all Lumia 950s plugged to monitors for showing data to in-car drivers :D

I thought they were 950xl? They have used them as well. Anyways, RS is pretty stable on my 950xl. Things are getting there, just don't succumb to putting another sim in it! :) There are a couple of niggles but nothing major. I have NOT Hard Reset at all since being on RS and I've had not worries. Battery is better as well.

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Mad Cabbie
Anyways, RS is pretty stable on my 950xl. Things are getting there, just don't succumb to putting another sim in it! :) There are a couple of niggles but nothing major. I have NOT Hard Reset at all since being on RS and I've had not worries. Battery is better as well.
same here on my xl... I would say: Go for it and don't look back 🙂

Loc Ngo

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Getting more and more solid for me. I would say the same as the others here. There are a few bugs of course but the amount of work they've done to the OS is incredible and my experience has improved by miles since I got my 950XL. Sadly people are always a bit to harsh on them.

GLENZELL LAND JR

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
Getting more and more solid for me. I would say the same as the others here. There are a few bugs of course but the amount of work they've done to the OS is incredible and my experience has improved by miles since I got my 950XL. Sadly people are always a bit to harsh on them.

My issue is Verizon does not support 950 or 950xl. I've been a Verizon customer for a long time and been satisfied with there service. I have a Lumia 928 and enjoy it very much, but I would enjoy the 950/950xl/1520 much better because of the screen size is larger. But ATT has that locked down and I don't know why they don't have those phone's for Verizon, Samsung and iPhone has all the carriers, Microsoft should do the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6