Recovery Drive for reinstalling Windows 10 - failing

PHuba

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I am relatively sure the issue I am describing is Not related to the insider W10 version (14366) I am using but as this is indeed an Insider verison I post it here:

Concerned about the ability to restore a properly licensed and registered operating system on my machine should a complete hard disk crash occur, I wanted to create a Recovery Drive, including system files, for reinstalling Windows 10 according to the process described here: How to: Create a Recovery Drive for reinstalling Windows 10 - Microsoft Community.
It systematically fails
RecoveryDisk-01.png
looking at the Events, I see 5 errors (the 4 last being related).
(a) CAPI2 sourced error: Details: AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Protocol LLDP (Link Layer Discovery Protocol) Microsoft. System Error: Access denied.
(b) VSS sourced errors suggesting a missing/unregistered class from Hyper-V IC Software Shadow Copy Provider
I searched answers in many place but could not find anything working for me.

Anyone an idea?

Last edited:

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
i have made a HD copy to a SSD with Acronis. This works without any problem. W10 still had an active license afterwards. Best thing was it came for free with my Crucial SSd.
Regards

PHuba

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Thanks EndOfRope,
yes, I presume many street market disk copy software can do the job at a price (yours is not "free" it is somehow included in the SSD price) but most of my internal SSD space is user's files wich are already saved through the versioning system of Windows 10 to anxternal network attached drive itself backed up to some cloud. Applications s not an issue, can be reinstalled. So I really want to have a way to restore the system only and the Windows Recovery drive sounded ke a good idea (would fit on a 4 or 8 GB USB stick).
Regards, Pierre

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky