Wallet 2.0 with NFC Tap to Pay is now rolling out to Windows 10 Mobile Fast Ring (US only)

HSolo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I am on 950, AT&T, Fast Ring, and I can't get Wallet 2.0
Strange thing is I have Wallet, but I cannot uninstall it, and if I search the store, only the same installed Wallet comes up, but it says it is not compatible with my device. Really strange.....

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I seem to have the app on my 930, it says it's Wallet 2.0.16160.0, but I don't have the sign in shown in the WPC article nor do I see a way to add other than loyalty cards, no credit cards.

Is this just the old version that I never bothered with before? Or is it not working on the 930? (I'm in the Fast Ring).

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a 950 (AT&T version) and the 2.0 update does not show up. I'm in the U.S. and have region set correctly. Phone is enrolled in the fast ring running 10.0.14371.0 (and previously 10.0.14367.0). When I find Wallet in the store, it just shows the old version and that is already installed and allows me to launch it but just the old version comes up. All other apps are updating normally.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Hope they bring to Canada. Currently we have tap to pay pretty much everywhere but we use our debit cards which use SE nfc and chip. The max transaction limit is $100 as there's no security, someone could steal your card and tap it out before you even report it. I often go over $100. And the additional security that would be provided by the phone and bank app would allow for larger transactions. My bank already supports HCE on ios. I know of a few banks that support it here. Wonder if MS is at least working on it. My bank has a pretty great banking app. It was developed for Windows 8 though. But it's both on Desktop and mobile. The desktop one is great with a nice user interface and I prefer it much to the website. Hope they support windows 10 and hce in their mobile app. That would rock. And they already have the code on ios which they can port over. The tokenization code isn't specific to the OS.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
hey, capital one is not in this list yet. my credit card only gets added to my microsoft account wallet.

Any card you enter that isn't eligible will be added to your Microsoft account. If that card becomes Wallet eligible, you will be able to add it right from there.

nwnjjim

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a 950 (AT&T version) and the 2.0 update does not show up. I'm in the U.S. and have region set correctly. Phone is enrolled in the fast ring running 10.0.14371.0 (and previously 10.0.14367.0). When I find Wallet in the store, it just shows the old version and that is already installed and allows me to launch it but just the old version comes up. All other apps are updating normally.

Also ATT, Lumia 950. Old version installed, can't uninstall, only older version in store. Store update of apps does not find Wallet 2.0. Everything else is running fine under latest Redstone update 14371.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Also ATT, Lumia 950. Old version installed, can't uninstall, only older version in store. Store update of apps does not find Wallet 2.0. Everything else is running fine under latest Redstone update 14371.

I wonder if that is carrier related. On my unlocked 950 XL DS US, all I did was go to the store and search for Wallet. It said update available and voila!

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Hope they bring to Canada. Currently we have tap to pay pretty much everywhere but we use our debit cards which use SE nfc and chip. The max transaction limit is $100 as there's no security, someone could steal your card and tap it out before you even report it. I often go over $100. And the additional security that would be provided by the phone and bank app would allow for larger transactions. My bank already supports HCE on ios. I know of a few banks that support it here. Wonder if MS is at least working on it. My bank has a pretty great banking app. It was developed for Windows 8 though. But it's both on Desktop and mobile. The desktop one is great with a nice user interface and I prefer it much to the website. Hope they support windows 10 and hce in their mobile app. That would rock. And they already have the code on ios which they can port over. The tokenization code isn't specific to the OS.

Well, I'm with BMO, who suck in myriad ways (one of which is no Windows phone app). To add insult to injury, the BMO mobile site works fine in Edge on mobile with one exception: you cannot enter an amount for a bill payment or transfer. The numeric keyboard pops up when you click in the "amount" field, but keypresses are not registered. But I digress...

I'm with you in waiting for this to come to Canada. Maybe it will inspire me to change banks.

Danjp

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I'm in the same boat here except with an unlocked DS, hoping it just hasn't rolled out to me yet and not something else wrong.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
...it says it's Wallet 2.0.16160.0...

Is this just the old version that I never bothered with before? Or is it not working on the 930? (I'm in the Fast Ring).

I just installed the latest build (14371) in the Fast Ring, but the latest version of the Wallet app I can get on my 640 XL is 1.1.16056.0. It sounds like you have the newest version of the app, but I'm not sure why there would be two different behaviors for unsupported phones - one set of phones can't download the app, and the other set of phones can download the app, but can't use the new features.

davebwi

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if that is carrier related. On my unlocked 950 XL DS US, all I did was go to the store and search for Wallet. It said update available and voila!
My wife has same 950 model as me, AT&T Fast ring, she got the wallet 2.0 and Onedrive .12 as soon as she "checked for updates" she was on .164 and her phone had .167 ready to install when she got hers, so I dont think its an AT&T thing...

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Weird. I can download and install 2.0 on my 930 where it doesn't work, but can only get 1.0 on my 650. Both on the Fast Ring.

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have an unlocked 950XL DS in the US on fast ring. I have not gotten the latest Groove update or Wallet update. However, Amex does not seem to be supported at the moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster