W10M Insider Preview 14372 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Preview 14372 & 14371 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

Well, after a full day and night's usage on this this build (950XL DS), I can report that the great battery life on standby that I saw in the last build continues. Also, battery life while using the device seems to have improved markedly and the device does not get hot (or as hot) while using Edge or playing games, as it did on the last build.

I noted on the last build that it was the first Fast Ring build that seemed polished to me; that trend continues. There are still issues (Hey Cortana doesn't work smoothly for me, Store live tile is intermittent, charger is sometimes not recognized, etc.) but the OS is clearly being optimized. I expect further polishing and not too many new features in the run-up to the Anniversary update.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

I'm back to production build. The lock screen not responding bug (at least on my 950XL) was annoying most of the times even after a hard reset. I liked the overall smoothness of the build but the UX still needs to be polished (especially the action center notifications). Overall it's looking good for next month's release.

Edit: I'm still running the fast ring build on my 1520, no bugs found so far. The build is smooth and battery life on LTE is also great.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

I have to say that, for my 950XL, single SIM, a recurring bug is the charger not charging the device when connected (via the wall socket). You have to restart the device, with the device connected to the charger and then, after it restarts, it starts charging again.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

I have to say that, for my 950XL, single SIM, a recurring bug is the charger not charging the device when connected (via the wall socket). You have to restart the device, with the device connected to the charger and then, after it restarts, it starts charging again.

I've experienced this bug (or one very similar) on this build and most of the past 2-3 builds before it (except the last one) on my 950XL DS. One thing that seems to help is to make sure the charger is powered BEFORE plugging in your device. For example, yesterday I got into my car, plugged the phone into the car charger and then started the car. Big mistake. The phone would not go on charge - acted like the charger was not even plugged in.

Also, for me at least, it's not necessary to leave the charger plugged into the phone when you restart to fix it. If I unplug the charger from the phone and then power off the phone, it will restart by itself. If I then connect a powered charger, the phone will charge normally.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Battery life on my 950 XL DS US. This latest build is a huge improvement for me. Last night I forgot to plug my phone in. A very rare occurrence for me and probably most WP users. I expected to find my phone dead or nearly dead. I was woken by my alarm, found my phone in the other room and to my surprise, it still had 75% left! It had about 90% when I went to bed. Nothing is turned off. I have made no special battery saving settings changes, everything is running as designed. I'm impressed!

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site

you can assign apps to Apps Corner but cannot pin Apps Corner to Start Screen.
so right now, I cannot Pin Apps Corner to Start Screen which makes it hard to get to.
Apps Corner is still very sluggish and still has not addressed the layout issue or the Live Tile 'clearing' when you exit Apps Corner.
Still no where near as good as Kids Corner was, yet they went ahead and removed Kids Corner (IMHO) for a more inferior app.

TenchiZ06

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Edge works again.

Good for Enterprise is completely broken now.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

For people still blaming for overheating and overdraining:
I made a test, listenin streaming music in a poor 3G/4G area, and....

Q.E.D.

(which is what had to be proven)

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Minor issue, the US keyboard got added alongside the UK keyboard... I was wondering why I suddenly had the country code appearing on the space-bar.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

I had an incoming call this morning, the ringtone played normal for about 1 second, then it started making a buzzing noise, I could only see part of the top of the screen, and immediately it rebooted.

950XL DS on AT&T

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Preview 14372 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Slow Ring)

So, the first thing I notice is that Cortana is more responsive than it was earlier.

Still no Call Recorder.

Y C Neo

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

Originally posted by mortici
Originally posted by Y C Neo
Hi, anybody know how the "Continue App Experiences" works? The other device need to be on the same build?

Your PC needs to be on the same build as it has the same toggle.

To use the future in its infancy, do the following:

On your PC and mobile make sure you are signed into the same live id accounts.

Open Cortana on PC
Type or say: Directions to work (or whatever place you wish)

It should open the maps app on your PC
At the same time in a brief moment you should see a Cortana notification with a message about directions, tap it and you will be take to a navigation screen, OR you can dismiss it and then open it later from action center when you get in your car.

Now devs need to think about and implement this in their apps...

Oh, so it need Cortana, my region doesn't support Cortana yet..
Thanks for the info anyway!

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

So, the first thing I notice is that Cortana is more responsive than it was earlier.

Still no Call Recorder.

Can't you use voice recorder? I have it in my phone app, 950XL DS. I haven't used it yet but am planing on experimenting this weekend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre