Before I hard reset... stuck on 10.0.10586.218

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
I've been trying to jump back in to the Redstone builds on my Lumia 950 for the last week, but nothing is ever found in Fast, Slow, & Release Preview rings.

I was in the Redstone branch for awhile, but they were too unstable and I had to rollback to production. In doing that, I had to request a new license for Good Mobile and RSA Secure Token for work. My employer does not support the tiny number of Windows Phones/Mobile devices used here, so getting these apps connected is a massive hurdle.

I'm really looking for some stability in bluetooth & Cortana in the car, the current experience on Windows Mobile 10 is abysmal and frustrating. Based on what I've been reading from others, the latest Redstone branches appear to be less infuriating than where I am today.

Does anyone have any tricks that do not require a hard reset and jumping through hoops with my employer to get my work apps functioning?

I am currently on 10.0.10586.218
I have restarted the phone
I have reinstalled the Windows Insider app
I have logged out of the Windows Insider app and logged back in
Anything else to try?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, all you can try is to select fast or slow ring (release preview points to threshold builds) and allow phone to reboot.
I would allow up to a day for a build to be found in phone update and make sure you are checking via WiFi.

Failing that you will need to reset your phone using the Windows Device Recovery Tool and start again with the Windows Insider app.

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
My patience is really starting to wear thin with Microsoft and their Mobile platform. However, I can't afford a replacement device at the time so I will continue using this broken platform. It's sad, over 10 years with Windows Mobile/Phone/Mobile and I'm so frustrated I am thinking of walking away.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Good app? it never worked well for me on Windows 8.1 when i was using Lumia 620 . I think it'll be a good idea to move away to Android.

My advice with W10 builds is to stick with production builds instead of using redstone ones as you want best stability. use 318 or 420, both works well for me.

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
I reset and started over, glad I did. I was about to buy an android device and gave W10M one more shot.

What they have here is so much better and usable!

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I reset and started over, glad I did. I was about to buy an android device and gave W10M one more shot.

What they have here is so much better and usable!

Sorry to read that was your only recourse. I was the same way as you at one point, things just not right... A refresh is really a good option. The backup restores on the recent insider builds have been reliable for me thus far so it hasn't been horrible, takes a long time to implement too.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes