Windows 10 Insider: Build 14372 (including 14371) Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
<edit> June 23, 2016 this build bumped from 14371 to 14372 http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-build-14372-released-pc-and-mobile-insiders </edit>

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things Build 14371 of Windows 10. Discuss it all here.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...indows-10-insider-preview-build-14371-for-pc/

[TIP]Basic tip

If you're having any issues with your device, try a reset.

Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Reset this PC > This provides you with two options: 1. keep my files and 2. remove everything[/TIP]

[TIP]Keep my files

Does just as its name describes. If you choose the setting you can reinstall Windows 10 without having to back up any of the pictures, videos, music and documents that you have stored on it. You absolutely should back up these things just in case, but you shouldn’t need to use that back up. Keep My Files requires a certain amount of free space on your device. As such, it may be unavailable to you if your device is stuffed with a lot of files. If you get an error message asking for more storage when you choose this option you’ll need to back up your files and choose the remove everything option. You could also delete any files that you aren’t using on your device and try the option again. This option will take longer than the other options.[/TIP]

[TIP]Remove Everything

Deletes every file, every setting from your device and gives you a blank copy of Windows 10 to work with. You’ll need to add any files you have backed up to your device again [/TIP]

Last edited:

dalimage

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Insider: Build 14371 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

So for the second Insider update in a row (14366 and 14371) I updated my Surface Book, logged in and the task bar was not functional. Nothing, when I clicked on the Start Button. Some apps docked on the Task bar work and some like Edge receive an error message say "not registered". Can't access Settings. Apps on the desktop work, opened Lightroom.

When this happened with 14366 I reimaged the Surface Book with a clean image to 1511 non insider build and then updated and it worked fine. Tonight, I ran into the same thing with the 14366>14371 and I'm now recovering from a backup...19 more minutes.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site

This build has a very odd bug on my PC. Whenever I receive a notification from the action center, my whole desktop reloads for two seconds, even while inside of a game (it alt tabs for a second, then goes back to full screen)

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

This build has odd bug on Activation section, that "digital license linked to Microsoft account" seems removed.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

I havent seen any performance change on my SP3 i7. One issue that still persists is that my browser minimizes itself on its own. I have not found anyone else experiencing this issue yet. I will be on a site clicking around and the whole browser just minimizes itself. Doesnt matter which browser I'm using. I'm pretty sure its a graphics driver issue but have not pinpointed a cause.

teemulehtinen

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

Am I the only one who can\t download language packs? I cannot get my laptop to find US English and UK English language packs. The laptop is orginally a German bios version Yoga Pro2 and I am usually using US as default language for getting Cortana to work best.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Insider: Build 14372 (including 14371) Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

Anyone know where the REMINDERS icon is in Cortana? Seems to be missing on both my desktop and SP3... I liked being able to click it to, you know, see my reminders!!!

*EDIT* It's inside the notebook. Not cool, MS.

GuilhermeManso

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

Am I the only one who can\t download language packs? I cannot get my laptop to find US English and UK English language packs. The laptop is orginally a German bios version Yoga Pro2 and I am usually using US as default language for getting Cortana to work best.

I'm facing a similar problem: my laptop came from the US with english. I then downloaded brazilian portuguese language pack. So I signed the Insider program to get the Redstone builds. Cortana is available here in Brazil after Redstone builds, I even have she installed in another laptop. But in this new laptop I cant find the speech pack for Brazilian Portuguese, so Cortana can not work by voice. I have this new laptop for about 3 weeks, I dont know if this a bug in the lastest builds.

floopydoodle

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

The bug with the keyboard focus rectangles still persist even though they claim they fixed it for Start in 14371, it's actually more widespread.

- Left click a tab or the ellipsis menu in Edge. Then right click, and finally left click again. A focus rectangle appears.

- Right click a quick action in Action Center, then left click. A focus rectangle appears on the Clear all button or on a notification title. Right click a quick action again and it moves to the context menu.

- Right click any tile in the pinned tiles pane of Start. Then left click. A focus rectangle appears on the group label. Repeat this for the apps list and you get one there too.

I've seen focus rectangles appear on Mobile as well. Also on the context menus in Edge. But they seem much more random and diffcult to reproduce.

//Edit: Actually... Open the Wallet app. Open the ellipsis menu at the bottom. Close it, tap and hold a loyalty card. tap outside the context menu to close it. A keyboard focus rectangle appears on the ellipsis menu.

Upvote feedback here, please!
feedback-hub:?contextid=67&feedbackid=2c59d894-46d5-47a6-bfa9-f7a325ecc68b&form=1&src=2

Last edited:

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Insider: Build 14372 (including 14371) Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

14379 downloading now on my Surface Pro and my 950XL DS

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

On the slow ring and these last two builds have been terrible on my SP3 which is concerning for being one month away. Builds over the last several months have been progressively better and now I'm back to crazy fan noise, overheating, random reboots, slow performance at idle speeds, browser crashing whether it is Edge or IE 11 and when I want to reboot it just shuts down. I can't recall any build giving me so many problems on my SP3, yet my Dell XPS has no issues at all. I'm convinced the SP3 just doesn't like Windows 10, had issues with production release as well where Microsoft replaced my SP3 because they couldn't figure it out either. We'll see if it all pulls together August 2nd.

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

Surface Pro 1 with 14379. Install went well, some apps updated.

I have a hardware update from February that installs after every new OS update.....strange. But no ill-effects.

So far, all is well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12