What is "Your Groove" supposed to do?

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
So I have just gotten the latest build of Groove music, that added "Your Groove". I am trying to figure out what it does. When I select it it, it say to add music using my Groove Pass or add music to OneDrive. I have thousands of songs on OneDrive and hundreds on my phone using my Groove Pass. I am not sure I see any use for it.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
The idea is that it uses your music to create custom playlists using some of your music along with other, similar music that isn't in your collection to give you some "recommendations" on new music that you might like.

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
The idea is that it uses your music to create custom playlists using some of your music along with other, similar music that isn't in your collection to give you some "recommendations" on new music that you might like.

I guess it take awhile, because it is not doing that for me. I am sure it will take a week or two. Groove always seems slow to recognize my music, whether it is OneDrive or on my phone.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I wonder how they came up with the names of some of these playlists and descriptions. I had a few playlists called "Defiant __________" and described as "a selection of arrogant _______ songs based on your music."

I'm not sure what qualifies as an arrogant song. The first playlist with this description was "Defiant Christian" containing "arrogant Religious" songs. At first, I thought it sounded like an insult to religion or Christianity, but now I just think it is a strange naming template for Microsoft to use. I've seen the template used for a playlist containing "defiant" and "arrogant" pop songs.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I wonder how they came up with the names of some of these playlists and descriptions. I had a few playlists called "Defiant __________" and described as "a selection of arrogant _______ songs based on your music."

I'm not sure what qualifies as an arrogant song. The first playlist with this description was "Defiant Christian" containing "arrogant Religious" songs. At first, I thought it sounded like an insult to religion or Christianity, but now I just think it is a strange naming template for Microsoft to use. I've seen the template used for a playlist containing "defiant" and "arrogant" pop songs.

that's in english language or another language and you've translated?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077