W10M Insider Preview 10586.456 Discussion (Threshold Branch, Inactive)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Still no info on change log ?

Its here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3170411 which is absolutely no help.....

That's for PC anyway.

Seems odd.. this has not made it to my ATT 950. The previous Release Previews have gone straight to my 950 (i.e. no Insider join required). This one has not... Hmmmm..... wondering what that might mean..

One of these days, Release is going to get prepped for Redstone. This might be the start?

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Installed this last night and I'm not getting any messaging (sms) notifications. They don't show on the messaging tile and I don't get any toast notifications. I've checked the appropriate settings to ensure they're toggled on also. Anyone else having this problem?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Installed this last night and I'm not getting any messaging (sms) notifications. They don't show on the messaging tile and I don't get any toast notifications. I've checked the appropriate settings to ensure they're toggled on also. Anyone else having this problem?
Soft reset, it works well

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Of course I tried the soft reset lol. I tracked down the problem and Messaging+Skype was disabled from running in the background.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Assuming Messages + skype doesn't exists since last 3 builds (now skype is apart), good job. Leave it enabled ;)

Hmm, mine's still a combo app, in 456, are you talking about Skype alone (Skype Video is different, it's all a bit confusing if you ask me)?
I wish they would separate them all, I really like granularity when it comes to choosing things like background processing...

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Seems odd.. this has not made it to my ATT 950. The previous Release Previews have gone straight to my 950 (i.e. no Insider join required). This one has not... Hmmmm..... wondering what that might mean..

Mine could use a hard reset as I didn't after .420 but... was going to wait for next build.. not really sure I wanna join insider at this point.. need a working phone.... ;)

Still no info on change log ?

Its here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3170411 which is absolutely no help.....
Yeah, I saw some oddness here as well. My wife's HTC One M8 usually just gets the updates too, even after pulling her out of RP on Insider.
Yesterday, it wouldn't see the update (although my daughter's 1020 did, no problem), so I opened up Insider, just to see what it was saying.
Instantly, before I could even click on anything, Windows Update put up a notification, top of the screen, that the build was ready. Go figure, clearly just opening the Insider app triggered something...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Me too, hopefully it was soft reset ?

I didn't Soft Reset or use anything other than the "Reset Need for Update" notification.

Failed twice, then allowed me to download again and it went through. All my data was there after update applied (spinning gears).

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Assuming Messages + skype doesn't exists since last 3 builds (now skype is apart), good job. Leave it enabled ;)

Not on the Threshold builds. It's only separated on the Redstone builds. Are you actually installing these builds and commenting? Or just commenting? Lol

Neil Smith

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
just toggle off(both) in the vpn setting, it will fix it and remember to toggle off again if you reboot/restart your phone. Does your lumia 925 has battery percentage jump problem?

Not quite sure if you understood what I meant: an activated hotspot still deactivates when the phone locks up.
So far not noticed anything with the battery percentage.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Not quite sure if you understood what I meant: an activated hotspot still deactivates when the phone locks up.
So far not noticed anything with the battery percentage.
^this

they havent fixed this yet, at this point i dont think they ever will, too many users reporting it works just fine so we must be cursed or something

Godson Arun Kumar

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Battery seems to be a little fixed draining alot less at least I'm noticing still kind of early though

Sent from mTalk

BTW what device you're using? Battery drain at even screen off has wrecked battery life on my new 640XL DS with upto 10% draining at screen-off on .420 update. Getting about 10 hours battery life on full charge out of a phone that could go almost 2 days on a full charge on 8.1.

Godson Arun Kumar

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Any improvement in battery life over 10586.420? My 640XL DS has been eating through its battery with .420. If there's any improvement I would immediately jump onto the release preview ring and get this update.

user-774

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm having pretty useful battery life on my L925 since the .420 build. I was thinking of reinstalling 8.1, but then .420 came...

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
At this point after getting a really nice stable production ring, I am not so keen on 2 builds a week with no so many bug fixes. I will skip fast ring for next 2-3 weeks and see where it lands in terms of stability. I am very very very happy with production ring in the state it has reached now after 6 months of polishing.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720