W10M Insider Preview 14376 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14376 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

In the old thread there were some messages about Cortana resetting the default language to French (Canada) (presumably for Canadian users only).
I discovered that if you go into Cortana|Settings and change the Cortana Language there from the default to English (United States), it'll work. You can also try English (Canada) but I didn't bother.
I did get the warning about the speech language not matching my region, but so far I haven't found any actual lost functionality.
At least that's a temporary workaround until this gets fixed.

Brad.

robnhl

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Wifi is a mess on this build for att 950xl DS. Constant drops. Phone Freezes when it tries to autoswitch from WiFi to cellular (when leaving the WiFi range). Have to soft reset. This crap is really getting old

Similar problems on my Icon.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

I had a bunch of weird issues including lots of apps crashing. Software reset fixed all my problems Haven't had any major ones this time around.

The heat issue seems to be much better in this build and battery is doing a lot better.

Haven't noticed any issues this build. Last build was very problematic.

Only issue is when I get feedback requests from Microsoft and I try to open to reply it just crashes.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

Very happy with the latest build.

Battery drain on standby is better (less) than Threshold, I am sure of it.
Battery drain during use is more or less the same, the phone gets hot when doing CPU intensive tasks, but I have come to accept this as a SD810 drawback, rather than an OS issue.

That's not true. I have never had heating issues till a few builds ago. Now it's better on this build but it has been even better before. I usually test the same things to see the difference. The one thing that has always caused me heat issues was Candy crush Soda Jelly. Yep, even asphalt 8 didn't cause me issues. Last 2 builds many things were causing my phone to get warm which is not normal for me. Consider that MS even caused heating issues on android phones after they released an app that was causing issues.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

Ryujingt3, just to be clear, you are saying that a Hard Reset gave you back the access to Voice / Call Recorder? Also do you have Skype accessible in the Phone > Default Apps settings, or is it still grayed out?

mtf1380, I switched from my xl to my 950 DS to see how 14376 would run on it, after the upgrade the option for voice recorder to select the app under settings>system>phone was not functional, like you said it was grayed out. I did a hard reset and the recorder became available as soon as the system updates and the thing settled down. I tried the voice recorder before the reset and it appeared to be working but the playback was silent.

After the hard reset it works fine and it does record. Wallet 2.0 just updated, approx 24 after the upgrade. The store would crash when trying to search so I go to My Library in the hamburger and select my apps from there. Now the store is ok.

Edit to add:
I haven't used Skype yet but the setting below Voice Recorder to record phone calls, the option for "Choose the app you want to use to turn a phone call into a video call" Skype is in gray but it cannot be changed.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

In the old thread there were some messages about Cortana resetting the default language to French (Canada) (presumably for Canadian users only).
I discovered that if you go into Cortana|Settings and change the Cortana Language there from the default to English (United States), it'll work. You can also try English (Canada) but I didn't bother.
I did get the warning about the speech language not matching my region, but so far I haven't found any actual lost functionality.

Brad.

I'm hoping the new 14379 build just out will fix it. Can't install as I'm at the Montreal Jazz Festival tonight. If the new build doesn't fix it, will try your workaround. Thanks for posting!

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Ryujingt3, just to be clear, you are saying that a Hard Reset gave you back the access to Voice / Call Recorder? Also do you have Skype accessible in the Phone > Default Apps settings, or is it still grayed out?

Sorry for the confusion.

For me, the issue with Voice Recorder is different. I can open the app without any problems. The issue is that I go to the Store and an update appears for Windows Voice Recorder which, when applied, always fails (a phantom update). I hard reset several times and I thought that my last hard reset had resolved it but, the phantom app update came back (build 14376) and it is still showing in the newest build, 14379.

Skype is also greyed out for me too in build 14379.

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Lumia 1520

Many apps crashed after spending many seconds too long on their open screens. SOME of them usually open the second time round and maybe crash during use.

Biggest problems:

Wi-Fi loses connection easily, when I drop the pull down menu and tap Wi-Fi the phone freezes temporarily then I see the blue dots spinning in a circle then back to home screen. Sometimes I make it to the Wi-Fi sub-menu but it freezes again.

Store has an update that gives multiple errors; the most frequent of which is 0x80200056. It's not like I can uninstall and reinstall it.

Soft Resets did nothing. NO I DID NOT TRY A HARD RESET.

Since coming here I noticed:

14379 is now downloading....

So I updated to 14379 and the Store issue is still ongoing. Also... a lot of my apps were greyed out marked with "Pending". They are slowly being reinstalled/updating.

Phone is still freezing but I'll wait until all the apps are restored (give it sometime) to see if this update fares better than the previous one (which was TERRIBLE).

Then head over to the 14379 thread.

9Redhead

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

I had the store issue, installed the updates still no store. I reset my device from the settings and now it works. Current build 14379

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

950XL DS - 14379 install went smooth, easy. Apps updated afterward.

So far, running very well.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

950XL, DS, USA, OS: 14379:

> Voice/Call Recorder still grayed out in Phone Settings; and does not open from ALL Apps.
> "Hey Contana" seems to be on a cigarette break when Bluetooth is on; but, in all fairness, this is usually the case with a new build and she starts to cooperate after a couple of hours of use..

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Brad.

So I've now installed 14379. This issue persists, unfortunately. Good news is your workaround works for me. What's interesting is that I can choose English (US) but NOT English (Canada). At least Cortana is talking to me in English again. Thanks again for posting your solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss