640 - 950 Screen timeout difference

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
OLED is prone to 'burn-in'. Having an always on screen on an OLED phone could potentially cause seeing the remnants of start screen when doing other things.(or whatever burns in)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Please elaborate. Why would the screen being an OLED matter?

Assuming both phones got same identical build, that's the only difference you'll seen btwn 640 and 950 screens (or 650).
Assumed that, it sounds like a updated firmware (950 and 650 got it, 640 not) due to conservative oled choices (blue dots still last half the life of red dots, at the actual state of the oled art tecnologies)

ThermoDust

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Well - Then this brings up the question as to why when charging the Glance Screen is always on? If burn in was such a big deal then there would be a timeout or never show option for when charging. 640 had that control but it was taken away on the 950. Unless it should turn off and my phone is just broken or something.

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Well - Then this brings up the question as to why when charging the Glance Screen is always on? If burn in was such a big deal then there would be a timeout or never show option for when charging. 640 had that control but it was taken away on the 950. Unless it should turn off and my phone is just broken or something.

The info displayed on Glance screen moves up and down the screen for this very reason.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

The "Always On when in charge" new extended Glance started with the last previous fast ring build.
We are leaving feedback for removing that.
It's a feature, not a bug, but we don't like it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans