W10M Insider Preview 14379 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14379 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

slightly besides the topic. upgraded from my L930 to the L950XL DS yesterday as my work phone .
this build on the L930 drained the battery like anything along with heating up the device like an oven however so far the battery life has been good on the L950XL DS (with one sim in the phone).
Besides the regular work use ( phone , email, whatsapp etc) i am noticing significant battery drain on the device when its kept idle. around 15-20% battery drain. have done a soft reset as well for the same. any solutions?
another thing thats slightly buggy is the keyboard, specially in whats app and mail / outlook there are constant stutters and jitters while using the keyboard in these apps . not too sure if its an issue with the app or the build but noticing this since the previous two builds .

Older chipset like 930 are still under investigation.
About 950, open Settings -> System -> Show use per app, and check which one is draining in background, then disable it (by default, all apps are on, yhat's not necessary)

Normal drainin is 1 / 2% per hr

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site

Older chipset like 930 are still under investigation.
About 950, open Settings -> System -> Show use per app, and check which one is draining in background, then disable it (by default, all apps are on, yhat's not necessary)

Normal drainin is 1 / 2% per hr

Hey checked the same. however all apps are "managed by windows" status.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Thanks :D . i lost patience and upgraded to redstone... First thoughts.... this is how TH1 for the general public shoudve been... its as smooth as 8.1 <3 ... im not going back !!! a few bugs though...hope it goes away with a few more updates.
Meh... the bugs come and go; many seem to be model specific and many seem to be user specific.

I swear - no one wants to hear it, and for sure no one wants to do it - but once I had no choice : early in the Treshold previews I had no option other than to do a Hard Reset. I swear its been a blessing ever since. I have had No WHERE'S NEAR the problems so many people have had.

I go so far as to recommend a Hard Reset before anyone even starts WP10 Insider Previews. A clean slate as it were - no junk laying around in the background.
Peace. Alan

MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M Insider Preview, Redstone 14379.0]

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Meh... the bugs come and go; many seem to be model specific and many seem to be user specific.

I swear - no one wants to hear it, and for sure no one wants to do it - but once I had no choice : early in the Treshold previews I had no option other than to do a Hard Reset. I swear its been a blessing ever since. I have had No WHERE'S NEAR the problems so many people have had.

I go so far as to recommend a Hard Reset before anyone even starts WP10 Insider Previews. A clean slate as it were - no junk laying around in the background.
Peace. Alan

MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M Insider Preview, Redstone 14379.0]

It works on old notebooks and desktops, too ;) Guarantee. Old hardware come to life with a fresh win10 install (only recommendation, minimum 2 cores and 2 GBs DDR2 RAM. Personal experiences. )

Sparkz7

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site

Hey guys. Can you please tell me if the mobile data issue related to dual sim phones has been fixed? I would like to try RS on my lumia 535. Anyone has it? How is the performance?

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

It works on old notebooks and desktops, too ;) Guarantee. Old hardware come to life with a fresh win10 install (only recommendation, minimum 2 cores and 2 GBs DDR2 RAM. Personal experiences. )
Yup... It's like "Reboot's your buddy" and "Hard Reset's" your BFF :winktongue:

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Can i change from insider release preview to fast ring?

If you got an eligible phone (search Google for Microsoft official Win10 release news, not a X2X series), sure. But read carefully warnings on first post!

ThiagoHUE

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

in the insider app says, if you are on a 14xxx build, don't set to release preview... now do a hard reset...

Fred Shumacher

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site

L930 with .379.. Battery life is actually phenomenally good and there does not seems to be any major problems.
Typing was fluent during few later builds but now again it seems to be a bit slugish.

I still miss the feature where IE/EDGE browser created pinned shortcut to homescreen of the webpage, where the title has a screenshot the situation at the moment of creation... This is missed! This was with WP 8.1 devices..

Last edited:

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site

1.typing has become really sluggish on this build let it be in whatsapp or the mail or even the regular sms app. it appears as if the phone is lagging .
2.battery life has improved drastically my initial complaints on the battery drain during standby has been resolved. now its a 1% drain every 1-1.5hrs .
3.groove music crashes on several occasions however once paired to the Bluetooth of my car there is no issue.
4.Flashlight toggle has made its way back to this build which was absent in the previous build.

costas60

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

1.typing has become really sluggish on this build let it be in whatsapp or the mail or even the regular sms app. it appears as if the phone is lagging .
2.battery life has improved drastically my initial complaints on the battery drain during standby has been resolved. now its a 1% drain every 1-1.5hrs .
3.groove music crashes on several occasions however once paired to the Bluetooth of my car there is no issue.
4.Flashlight toggle has made its way back to this build which was absent in the previous build.
On my L830 battery is worst than previous release

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site

On my L830 battery is worst than previous release
i think they investigating on this issue. as stated the issue is in L830/L930/L1520
i faced the same issue on my L930 a few days back before i picked up a L950XL DS

seasidepb

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site

I went straight from the retail build to this one on my 650. Haven't done any kind of reset, and most things seem to be working very well. Had the same initial heavy battery drain overnight as someone else reported, but haven't changed anything and since then the battery life if anything seems better than the retail build. Also the voice recorder doesn't play back, but if you click the "go to file location" option and double click the file it will play back through Groove. Clunky but usable ... other apps like the MS weather app continue to be as buggy as they've always been on any build, but there's always Accuweather...

wraggieone

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site

Having the same issue man.........L930 cant get "hey cortana" to work. Exactly as you described above........

This posted without the quote for some reason? apologies

wraggieone

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site

Best bet is to:
1. Use WDRT and downgrade to WP8
2. Setup Hey Cortana
3. Update to W10M

I know this might not be what you want to hear, but it is the only thing that worked for my Icon. Hey Cortana is working fine and Bluetooth with my vehicle has been more reliable.

This is not the way man (even if it works), Hey Cortana worked fine on the previous RS build so flashing back to 8.1 and going all the way through the 10 update process right up to RS again is beyond a ball ache! Besides I know for a fact that my hardware specific "firmware" is bang up date as I did this weeks ago when I thought I might fix the missing audio on video and speaker phone, turns out that was faulty hardware but in the process I made sure I was on the latest firmware version. As it's only just been broken so I'm hoping the next fast ring build will address this issue. peace.x

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb