Should i upgrade to fast ring?

Tarun Rawat

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Right now i am using threshold builds on my 640xl and my battery life is not that good. How is battery life on fast rings compared to preview rings? Is fast ring a good option to opt now?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Right now i am using threshold builds on my 640xl and my battery life is not that good. How is battery life on fast rings compared to preview rings? Is fast ring a good option to opt now?

A lot have said it's better - but the experience varies from user to user - you can try it out

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
A lot have said it's better - but the experience varies from user to user - you can try it out

I can't speak for everyone else or even other devices, but I have 14385 installed on my parents' Lumia 640s, and they both average about 1.5% an hour according to Insider Pro. I should also mention that they're not real heavy users, and there are barely any apps installed, but at least you know the standby time is really good. They easily get two days of use out of their phones.

Also, I find that Redstone Fast is much more polished than even 10586 production (for both PC and Mobile actually). On mobile, for example, the jerky scrolling is fixed. The missing Start icon is fixed. Apps actually auto update. Again, YMMV, but I went ahead and updated all of my W10 computers and tablets to Redstone Fast, even my main computer. But if you're iffy about trying it, you only have to wait about one more month.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I just worry bout battery life cuz its poor on preview build

There are ways you can improve battery life. First would be to check which apps use most battery life and try disabling those that you don't need running in the background. I had a list of items to check/do that can improve life, can't find it right now - maybe tomorrow

Tarun Rawat

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
My battery life was good till last week but now when i sleep at night with 100% battery left battery saver on and flight mode on the battery after 5hrs drains out to 70% without using

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I would wait a week. They are fixing the last few bugs before release so worth waiting a few days for a final build to appear.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I do all testing on spare lumia 640, my main phone is lumia 950 on production build, get a cheap 640 for all your insider's needs, can't go wrong.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I am having a good experience with my 950 XL and 640 on the latest RS1 builds 14385...Battery life hasnt been an issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes