W10M Insider Preview 14388/390/393 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

J Brian Francis

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14388 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

950XL DS on AT&T and I am seeing the same issue as Camaroz above. Glance screen is active and pressing power screens goes black - then 10 seconds later the lock screen shows up. Never did this on previous builds.

And still no double tap to wake....

eepyaich

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site

FWIW - I'm seeing dreadful battery life on this build with my L930. The update installed last night and when I picked the phone off the charger at 8am this morning it was at 100%. By 10:30am, battery was under 10%.

Looking at the last 6 hours of battery history showed good old MS Health as the main culprit, along with a pretty good showing from "London Travel".

I rebooted and disabled background tasks for these and put the phone on my wireless charger at work, yet it still only charged about 20% in 90 minutes, which seems slow.

Will see if it settles down or not.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Had my 950 XL DS US lock up again after a voice call ended. Seems to be a random event as it happens with no commonality. Not frequent, but annoying. Battery drain today has been hard. 20% in one hour of light use.

AntonGhost

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site

I have a problem with my mobile internet - it just doesn't work. Lumia 640 xl DS.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Fast battery drain today-20%/hr and hot phone. Happened every day since update. Keep having to reboot. I turned off Windows Hello to make sure not that. App useage under battery says Start screen and phone. I have only had 1 5 minute call and battery down to 49% in 3 hours.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

I am experiencing wifi disconnect on my Lumia 435 dual. I have to sometimes reboot to connect to a WiFi network.

I get this sometimes on my single SIM 950XL too.

I just want a fix to the phantom Windows Voice Recorder update that has been appearing in the store for the last few builds. Either stop it from appearing when I check for updates or release an update for it and let me perform the update.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Still having wifi connectivity issues with both my 830 and 1520

I too, had an occurrence last night with WiFI, "not connected" (while all computers were fine, and I was sitting right next to the router) - a reboot corrected the issue.

AntonGhost

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site

I checked it but still doesn't work, with apn settings everything is correct. Yes, I'm using sim1 data carrier. Before the last update (today) everything was fine.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I checked it but still doesn't work, with apn settings everything is correct. Yes, I'm using sim1 data carrier. Before the last update (today) everything was fine.

Did you rebooted your phone, or a soft reset?

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

I too, had an occurrence last night with WiFI, "not connected" (while all computers were fine, and I was sitting right next to the router) - a reboot corrected the issue.

I had this in a hotel this week. Device would connect with no internet. Reboot resolved it but it comes back.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I twitted about that, I got another wifi auto-reboot on my 650 after a No internet advice (that seems like a o.s. workaround)

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

I'm actually finding this build, or maybe starting from the previous one (they are so many!) that I'm getting problems with notifications for the first time ever. Like I'm missing my whatsapp notifications and tile notification and other non uwp app notifications it seems.

All the while, I was getting notifications from an app like Client for Hangouts, so it didn't seem like I was missing notifications until I opened said apps.

A reboot of the phone produces a slew of back logged notifications, anyone else?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

I had this too and I'm one of the guys that say they never have problem with their wifi router, until these recent builds :) I put that comment in feedback hub

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

RapDialer APP is giving me a "Oop! I have crashed" message when I try and open it (and shows - moving horizontal dots, that it is/or trying to syncing contacts). Microsoft Phone Tile APP still works.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

I had this in a hotel this week. Device would connect with no internet. Reboot resolved it but it comes back.

FIXES addressed in the new Firmware:

Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results.
•Support for double tap to wake enabled.
•Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
•Stability and reliability improvements.
•Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users.
•Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users.
•Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users.

So were is it?

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Camera crashed today, just black screen then error message. Had to reboot to get it working again. A few bugs seem to have been introduced with this build :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes