W10M Insider Preview 14388/390/393 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14388 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

950XL DS on ATT -- this build much, much better on battery life, better on email and Edge rendering and font-scaling, but not quite. Txt alerts to Twitter are still an unholy mess and Wikipedia hardly better. Scrolling is a little jittery. Biggest issue for me is that I am having familiar and some new wifi connectivity issues. With the last few builds, I have intermittently not picking up the 5ghz networks, until after a restart, This persists in the new build, but a new "no internet access" issue whether I'm on a 2.4 or 5. I figure on doing a WDRT and move forward. One positive aspect of the Sarkar era is that with the builds coming faster, its an option to just hang in, muddle through until the next build, rather than a time-consuming hard reset.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

14388 has killed my battery life. 14385 was great on battery on my Lumia 640, but now I am having to charge 4 times a day. Drops below 50% in just 2 hours. No, not running Microsoft Health.

I've done a hard reset with no restore on this build, just to make sure everything is proper with it.

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Lumia 1520
I'm having the most peculiar issue where I'm being constantly bombarded by push notifications alerting me that "You need to fix your Microsoft Account." This has been going on with the previous build from last Thursday (14385). It was rectified by simply clicking the message and clicking "Fix Now". Well to be more specific, the error on 14385 was telling me to Fix my Microsoft account in order to receive further insider builds.

Now with 14388:

WhatsApp-Image-20160714.jpeg
This message bombards my notifications and clicking it takes me here.

WhatsApp-Image-20160714 (1).jpeg
This comes next.

WhatsApp-Image-20160714 (2).jpeg
When I try to fix my Microsoft account through Outlook; or any other method, I get this.​

Soon as I receive a push notification from any other app it's immediately followed by this push notification.

Soft Resets fail to remove the error. As a matter of fact, before my home screen can load, the notification is already greeting me.

Googling this error proves to be futile.

The Store, Onedrive, Feedback app cannot connect.

I found THE solution!!! No resetting or messing around required.

Open outlook settings on phone (the little gear symbol bottom left)
View attachment 108859
click Accounts
click Add Advanced set-up
click Exchange ActiveSync

follow this:
Server address: s.outlook.com
Domain: <leave empty>
Username: Your email address
Password: Your password
TLS/SSL encryption required: Yes

You secondary outlook account will now sync and your contacts and emails will appear! This is basically the same as the automatic setup you have been trying, but there is a bug with it! Don't forget to Thank me for it :)
^This didn't work.

I refuse to hard reset (for now) but I fear that I may not be able to receive future insider builds when they come up (Probably on Tuesday).

Anybody else still with this problem?

Last edited:

panzerfroh

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I keep getting text notification sounds, without recieving any messages. Pretty annoying being woken up at night.
Have anyone tried anything similar?

/Jakob

panzerfroh

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Nope, it's quite serious as the rest of the family also wakes up.. I did a soft reset and haven't seen it since.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Nope, it's quite serious as the rest of the family also wakes up.. I did a soft reset and haven't seen it since.

Sliding down notify center , Which message or number you got? IMHO there's a sort of spamming to your number.
Are you prettu sure that's a TEXT notification and not somewhat else? Like Store, Cortana, Mail, Alarm, etc

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

Anyone have Qi charging problems? My 950 was very warm and not charged overnight, I always watch the indicator lights on the charge pad and listen for the phone to acknowledge its is charging. Don't like when devices get hot.

panzerfroh

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Sliding down notify center , Which message or number you got? IMHO there's a sort of spamming to your number.
Are you prettu sure that's a TEXT notification and not somewhat else? Like Store, Cortana, Mail, Alarm, etc
I only use this sound for text and messenger. When i scroll down, the notification center is empty.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

STORE has gotten quite unstable for me and my 950XL.

> 'Recent activity' List, in Store DOWNLOADS AND UPDATES, is a hit and miss (sometimes they show right off, some times they take 2/3 attempts).
> Sometimes the Spinning Circle Dots (in Store DOWNLOADS AND UPDATES) spin for ever.
> Last night after an App Update, I when to go into the Store to look for a new app, and the phone went crazy; rapidly cycling in & out of the Store, only a soft reset got it to stop.

On a lighter note: I have never played any games on my phone before, but last night I stumbled across an app that had appeal and high-marks - So I thought I would download it, test the performance of the 950XL, and delete it....While I am hooked, this game is cool as heck (great graphics, smooth, fun to play), next time I am stuck somewhere for a short to medium length of time (or all day:), I will have another option to Netflix. The game is Sniper 3D Assassin: Shoot to Kill (sounds gruesome, I know), I think it's around 87M in size, but it is VERY well done; I had NO idea that I could get this kind of performance on a phone:)

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

I'm actually finding this build, or maybe starting from the previous one (they are so many!) that I'm getting problems with notifications for the first time ever. Like I'm missing my whatsapp notifications and tile notification and other non uwp app notifications it seems.

All the while, I was getting notifications from an app like Client for Hangouts, so it didn't seem like I was missing notifications until I opened said apps.

A reboot of the phone produces a slew of back logged notifications, anyone else?

What I notice with notifications is that they will not come in while the phone is locked as soon as I power the screen on they start coming in. This is random though.

The battery on this build is also being chewed up like a piece of meat by a pack of wolves.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

What I notice with notifications is that they will not come in while the phone is locked as soon as I power the screen on they start coming in. This is random though.

Yes, I've noticed this as well. Not sure if it just started with this build (they're coming so fast now I can't keep track!) I have 3 email accounts, all set to download new content "as items arrive" and I often find that, when I wake the phone, notifications will come in a big bunch. I left feedback on it today.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

The battery on this build is also being chewed up like a piece of meat by a pack of wolves.

Not for me, this morning when I woke, I see notifications in action center coming from UWP app Client for hang outs or Outlook. Quiet hours on during this period.

Still waking up, I can see some google chats coming in and I'm interacting fine. Quiet hours turns off, not real change..

Then I open whatsapp, ooo look! messages! Reboot the phone,

Then I get my notifications from wp8.1 games like pocket tanks and world domination and so far everything seems to be working ok.

Battery I seem to have lost an hour or two.

Hope we get a new build sooner than later :)

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Build 14390 is out, per Dona tweet (and per my phone - although I will have to wait until this evening to download.)

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Downloading now. Maybe the admin can just update the title of this thread? Too many threads.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Installation complete. Downloaded app updates one of which is VOICE RECORDER! Call recording is back and functional on my 950 XL DS US!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Preview 14388/390/393 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

14390 is live for Insider Fast... we will continue on with it in the same thread as 14388.

Windows 10 build 14390 rolling out to fast ring Insiders for PC and phone | Windows Central

Known issues for Mobile:

• Voice Recorder does not show up consistently as an option for Call Recording. We heard your feedback and plan to release a Voice Recorder app update via the Store soon that has the fix for this issue.
  • Wallet users are prompted for a PIN twice when using tap to pay from a locked phone. You can enter their PIN twice and tap as usual once the phone is unlocked. A fix for this will come as a Wallet app update via the Store.
  • REMINDER: We have changed the backup format for Windows 10 Mobile devices to reduce the size of the backup stored in OneDrive. As a result, if you do a backup on a device running the latest Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds and move back to the released version of Windows 10 Mobile (Build 10586) and restore from your backup – your Start screen layout won't restore and remain the default Start layout. Your previous backup also gets overwritten. If you need to go back to Build 10586 temporarily, once you are on Build 10586 you should disable backup so it doesn't overwrite the good backup from Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds.

Zac Bowden advises in the blog:
My sources are telling me that this build could very well be the one that will roll-out to the public on August 2nd, meaning it's the sign-off build or "Release To Manufacturing" (RTM) build. I'm still gathering details, but it's looking increasingly likely that this is the final build. Exciting stuff indeed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss