W10M Insider Preview 14388/390/393 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14388/390/393 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

Camera still has issues, I needed to register my new fridge-freezer tonight, so took a pic of the label with the serial no. on it so that I could then go and register it on the PC, but when I tried to view the picture I'd taken, it wasn't there at all. I had to go an retake the same picture again, this time it appeared in the album as normal. My camera had been fine until the last build, these last two builds while ok in most respects it would seem, the camera for me is not quite right.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

Camera still has issues, I needed to register my new fridge-freezer tonight, so took a pic of the label with the serial no. on it so that I could then go and register it on the PC, but when I tried to view the picture I'd taken, it wasn't there at all. I had to go an retake the same picture again, this time it appeared in the album as normal. My camera had been fine until the last build, these last two builds while ok in most respects it would seem, the camera for me is not quite right.

I have had that on the first picture after a hard reset, I usually use ProShot and the first picture isn't saved, the second is, maybe a dozen times now.

steeler4life

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site

I b
ought a microsoft wireless display adapter and a lumia 950 phone. I was able to connect the phone(lumia 950 build 10586) with the wireless adapter and view my videos/ movies. Once I signed up my phone to windows insider updates(builds 14388-14393), I've been having issue where it will not connect says "error connecting". Does anyone know a fix? Or why it does not work anymore?

Note: Wireless display adapter has version v.2.0.8350
Windows lumia 950 build 14393

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

Upgraded to 393 last night. Took my phone off the charger this morning, and for the last 4 hours have used it normally for me this time of day. Spent an hour-and-a-half browsing and using apps, spent an hour listening to music through Bluetooth, and have spent about 45 minutes now using it as a mobile hotspot browsing with my laptop. I also talked on the phone (gasp! yes, some people still use them for that) for about 45 minutes. The rest of the time the phone has been idle.

During this time, I have dropped from 100% to 79%. On previous builds, during the same time and usage, I would drop to between 58% and 64%. While I'd rather it still be above 90%, I don't think it ever did that even on 8.1. However, it is a marked improvement over what I was seeing before. It is quite likely that I'll no longer have to charge it 4 times per day.

Recharged the phone mid-day. Before using did a soft reset, as I never did one since the update was installed. Now the battery drains at about 3% per hour with normal usage. Some hotspot usage, some phone calls, texts, and a game. After 4 hours I was only down 12% this time.

I am VERY happy with the battery life on 14393 on my Lumia 640 LTE.

ArjanNL

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

yeah, I was wrong...sorry.

I just tested some email notifications in the Action Center; and once I opened an email (Outlook) message in the Action Center and viewed it in the Outlook App, upon returning to Action Center the message had been removed from the notification list.

Thanks! i'll try a factory reset, maybe that will help :)

Edit: It did help :)

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I b
ought a microsoft wireless display adapter and a lumia 950 phone. I was able to connect the phone(lumia 950 build 10586) with the wireless adapter and view my videos/ movies. Once I signed up my phone to windows insider updates(builds 14388-14393), I've been having issue where it will not connect says "error connecting". Does anyone know a fix? Or why it does not work anymore?

Note: Wireless display adapter has version v.2.0.8350
Windows lumia 950 build 14393

try a soft reset

eepyaich

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site

FWIW - after a hard reset, my experience on the L930 with 14393 is much better - it's still early days, but the phone is no longer like an oven and actually managed to charge (previously, on wireless charger, it was only just about to keep up with the drain). If anyone's having major batter issues on the past few builds, I'd definitely recommend going through the pain of the hard reset.

gjbcapital

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site

Issues on my testing lumia 535

Battery on standby -3% per hour with wifi on. Should be lower than that imo.
Half the live tiles are not working. You need to restart the phone to make them refresh once and then they stop again.
Skype preview chrashes the camera. You need to restart the phone for the camera to work again.
Background Apps settings are buggy. The list has double entries for some apps and some other apps are completely missing. This bug exists forever on threshold builds and has only slightly improved in redstone builds. I dont know if there is a serious underline issue in how windows 10 handle background apps registration and control but the inability to solve such a trivial issue is worring.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Domino's pizza app (UK) fails, but only right at the end of the ordering process annoyingly. You can choose everything you want, it's only when you're putting in your card details it fails. Did exactly the same twice in a row.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Domino's pizza app (UK) fails, but only right at the end of the ordering process annoyingly. You can choose everything you want, it's only when you're putting in your card details it fails. Did exactly the same twice in a row.
You must be ordering the black olives on it. They do it every time. :winktongue:
Peace. Alan
MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 14393.0]

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Would be less annoying if it crashed nearer the start of the process, but after choosing all the different bits including different halves of the pizzas etc. it crashes at the last possible moment during payment GRRRRR!!!!

Not the olives, can't stand em :smile:

While I remember, the app is broken in another annoying way too, the green continue button only has the barest sliver of it visible on the screen making it quite hard to add stuff - see pic. If you swipe upwards to make it more visible, it bounces immediately back down again, showing just the thin green part of the button.

domino.jpg

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Would be less annoying if it crashed nearer the start of the process, but after choosing all the different bits including different halves of the pizzas etc. it crashes at the last possible moment during payment GRRRRR!!!!

While I remember, the app is broken in another annoying way too, the green continue button only has the barest sliver of it visible on the screen making it quite hard to add stuff - see pic. If you swipe upwards to make it more visible, it bounces immediately back down again, showing just the thin green part of the button.

View attachment 128714
You probably already have, but uninstall the app, do a soft reset, and reinstall the app.
Peace. Alan

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

View attachment 128714

Can you swipe up from the bottom of the screen to hide the nav bar? I can on my 950XL DS.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Can you swipe up from the bottom of the screen to hide the nav bar? I can on my 950XL DS.

Probably... I should have thought of that, thanks. Though I don't order pizza often, so I'll probably forget by the time I next come to do it...

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Probably... I should have thought of that, thanks. Though I don't order pizza often, so I'll probably forget by the time I next come to do it...

Forgetting , that's how alzheimer start.. Lol

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Actually, I should have thought of doing it myself, so I'm more worried about getting dumber as I get older than I am forgetting things :eek:rly:

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Actually, I should have thought of doing it myself, so I'm more worried about getting dumber as I get older than I am forgetting things :eek:rly:
I'm 68 ! Now where do you think "I" stand? As a matter of fact, what is it I'm replying about? :winktongue:

Peace. Alan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6