W10M Insider Preview 14388/390/393 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

berny_533

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14388/390/393 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast & Slow Rings)

Am I the only one that is overly concerned with the amount of bugs in the latest version of windows 10 and so close to release date. Unless MS can pull a rabbit out of their anuses I do hope they postpone the release

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14388/390/393 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast & Slow Rings)

Am I the only one that is overly concerned with the amount of bugs in the latest version of windows 10 and so close to release date. Unless MS can pull a rabbit out of their anuses I do hope they postpone the release
Do you report your issues to the Feedback Hub?
Peace. Alan.
MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 14393.5]

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

Anyone have Bluetooth signal quality poor? This is either after the firmware update or 14393.5.

I carry my phone in front pants pocket and if I lean over a vehicle fender, stand next to my metal tool box, kneel on the floor and work under a dash I expect to have signal problems in those situations, but now it is even as I stand upright and away from metal objects, the Bluetooth would stop and start. It is very annoying, for me things were close to perfect. :(

That was 950XL, so I switched to my 950 and the problem was gone so I know it's not the headset. I did a restart of both devices. I understand the firmware update was radio related? Thoughts?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Just updated my 950XL DS from Threshold to Redstone 393. Minor things: looks like my screen color profile changed. Also, battery saver was suddenly set to activate once the battery dropped below 100%, with predictable results (battery saver always on). Minor thing: the settings tile disappeared from my start screen (easy to fix).

The store 'updates' page was a bit confusing. Sometimes it would show recently updated, but not what was being downloaded. Once all downloads are done, checking for updates does not show 'No new updates, last checked x minutes ago'. Instead it shows only the 'recently updated' list, so you're not sure whether the last check succeeded. And imo store alerts such as 'the phone app just updated, check it out', should read 'check out what's new', and send the user to the app page rather than opening the app.

But hey, no crashes, and all apps seem to work, so I'm happy!

letmethinkaboutit

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14388 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

Hello,
I recently bought 640xl and updated to w10m 10586...107 and my wifi hotspot works fine (I use h2o an att mvno). I remember when i updated to RS branch wifi hotspot stopped working in 640 though it worked fine in threshold branch ( ...107 buil)d. any experience. note att doesn't allow mvnos to tether

gjbcapital

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site

High battery consumption, unreliable tile updates and 100 different bugs present. Either a total of two programmers are working on it or MS doesn't care and has put teenagers coding the OS.

berny_533

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

Peace. Alan.

So many times with no improvements in sight MS is fixing silly issues such as coding in edge and not the everyday basic problems such as battery life, phone getting extremely hot, 2 minutes of lag after starting or ending a call (yes I timed it), connectivity problems, native apps crashing (skype text messages cortana) phone crashing after attempting to take a photo and I can continue the saddest part is that I have two microsoft phones and have found my blackberry torch V1 more useful than them, at least with that I can make and receive calls.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

So many times with no improvements in sight MS is fixing silly issues such as coding in edge and not the everyday basic problems such as battery life, phone getting extremely hot, 2 minutes of lag after starting or ending a call (yes I timed it), connectivity problems, native apps crashing (skype text messages cortana) phone crashing after attempting to take a photo and I can continue the saddest part is that I have two microsoft phones and have found my blackberry torch V1 more useful than them, at least with that I can make and receive calls.
Point taken. Your not the only one. But then, so many users are having pretty favorable results. Like myself with my stupid little ICON 929. I finally got a resolution on the only problem I was having, high battery consumption rate (but no heat problems), and now everything works fine. That is everything I know of which is just everything I use.
I'm sorry for your misfortunes.

Peace. Alan

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

You probably have already, but I have to ask: Have you used the WDRT to bust the phone all the way back to 8.1, then leaving it clean (no restores) upgrade it to the latest Insider Preview? Since you say you have 2 Windows Phones it'd be worth a try at least on one of them.
I just can't get your story outta my brain.

Peace. Alan

Last edited:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

That's a feature. Before of that, some people removed battery before phone completed switching off :D

Hey Mauizio, yes you are correct, and the ONLY reason that I didn't do a reboot was because I remembered it being mentioned in a few builds back...but I was still tempted";^) - that "BOODBYE" splash got me through the withdrawals":0

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

I have seen quite a few new issues after the FW update, myself, but the truth is that my 950XL seems to be less buggy that my SP3! the latter is about to find its way out the window!

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Peace. Alan.

Most, I just remembered another that I haven't reported yet, but it seems to have gone away (which is, the START screen sticks...and needs a reboot to progress past it).

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Anyone have Bluetooth signal quality poor? This is either after the firmware update or 14393.5.

I carry my phone in front pants pocket and if I lean over a vehicle fender, stand next to my metal tool box, kneel on the floor and work under a dash I expect to have signal problems in those situations, but now it is even as I stand upright and away from metal objects, the Bluetooth would stop and start. It is very annoying, for me things were close to perfect. :(

That was 950XL, so I switched to my 950 and the problem was gone so I know it's not the headset. I did a restart of both devices. I understand the firmware update was radio related? Thoughts?

I had the same issue at the gym, every time I raised my arms over my head..NO Music; but I think my issue is with the BT Device and I ordered a new headset, and will test it when I get home.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Just updated my 950XL DS from Threshold to Redstone 393.

The store 'updates' page was a bit confusing. Sometimes it would show recently updated, but not what was being downloaded. Once all downloads are done, checking for updates does not show 'No new updates, last checked x minutes ago'. Instead it shows only the 'recently updated' !

Hey Joe, I think that when you tap the "check for updates" that dialog box will reduce in color intensity and the spinning circles faintly appear; and, depending on what color your theme is, it may be hard to see? When the Dialog Box returns to its original color the update check is complete...at least it's that way on my phone (950xl).

And, I think your going to love Redstone, compared to TH:)

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Hey Joe, I think that when you tap the "check for updates" that dialog box will reduce in color intensity and the spinning circles faintly appear; and, depending on what color your theme is, it may be hard to see? When the Dialog Box returns to its original color the update check is complete...at least it's that way on my phone (950xl).

And, I think your going to love Redstone, compared to TH:)
Thanks! What I've seen is that sometimes I go into the Store and to Downloads and Updates, and in the middle of the screen I get the big spinning progress dots, with no indication what it's working on. I haven't seen this finish. Hitting 'back', gets me to the main store page, while the dots keep spinning. Seems like some kind of bug. I do see the spinning dots in the 'check for updates' button as well. Anyway, I'll keep an eye on all that happens, so far I have indeed been happy with RS. Cheers

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Thanks! What I've seen is that sometimes I go into the Store and to Downloads and Updates, and in the middle of the screen I get the big spinning progress dots, with no indication what it's working on. I haven't seen this finish. Hitting 'back', gets me to the main store page, while the dots keep spinning. Seems like some kind of bug. I do see the spinning dots in the 'check for updates' button as well. Anyway, I'll keep an eye on all that happens, so far I have indeed been happy with RS. Cheers

Yes, the dreaded circling dots. I have had experienced those - big circling dots at center page - and have given them considerable time to quite (and usually do), I have also backed out (like you), and if I get to impatient, I will soft reset. All the preceding methods don't seem to have caused and additional issues nor prevented any app updates. Seems that some build updates cause more backstage activity than others. But to the point; I get the prolong circles at time also, but they have subsided greatly.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Don't worry, it seems a temp central server fault, it happened already some weeks ago

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

I'm getting random reboots and complete shut downs on my phone since the firmware/.5 OS update. I did them at the same time. First did wdrt to get firmware up and then went through all the insider stuff.

Happened 3 times the other day while listening to music on headphones and doing normal usage. It just rebooted.

The shut downs seem more random and the screen goes black and doesn't respond to anything. I have to hold the power button for a while before It finally turns on.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I'm getting random reboots and complete shut downs on my phone since the firmware/.5 OS update.
I haven't seen them happen, but on my 950XL I do notice that Hello asks me to use my PIN because apparently a reboot happened. So yeah, maybe the reboots are back. Hmm.. Hope they're getting good telemetry from folks who haven't selfishly turned off enhanced feedback. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb