Wifi to Cellular connection issue.

jkelek

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
i have noticed this for a while now in the 10 mobile builds and i remember this being an issue in 8 or 8.1 and it was fixed then at a certain point but it still lingers in every 10 mobile build to this day and it's one of my major frustrations with my phone every single day. i notice it more in groove because it's a somewhat active application during this transition. i get in my car every day and groove is supposed to play automatically when it connects to bluetooth in my car. the process has changed as they've updated 10 mobile and updated groove. at one point i would just wait until i got to a certain part on the street that i knew i had disconnected from my home wifi and had a cellular connection for many seconds, then i would try and play music. now in the latest build i'm getting a playback error for many minutes after and then i close the app and still get the error on reopen then wait and wait and try again and then it works. i know there's been authentication issues and such during this process with groove but it's the same with other apps when the transition happens, they either hang and time out or might just close or whatever it might be. is it just me or does this all seem related to not having a smooth transition between wifi connection and

jkelek

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
i have seen this setting. i've always ignored it because of the random wifi issue where it won't connect when at home and if I stream something i'd be using a lot of data on my plan without possibly noticing. i'll allow the setting and see how it works. thanks! If i'm not mistaken though i believe this setting was in 8 or 8.1 as well but was always disabled by default too. i'll reply back with what I noticed over the next few days.

it's under Settings\Network & wireless\Data usage - hit the Allow button under "Use cellular data if there's no internet access over wifi. this will use your data plan and may incur charges." after you click Allow a message comes up below it "When Wi-Fi connectivity is limited, your phone will prevent most apps and features from using cellular data. You may not be able to send or receive data."

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
i have seen this setting. i've always ignored it because of the random wifi issue where it won't connect when at home and if I stream something i'd be using a lot of data on my plan without possibly noticing. i'll allow the setting and see how it works. thanks! If i'm not mistaken though i believe this setting was in 8 or 8.1 as well but was always disabled by default too. i'll reply back with what I noticed over the next few days.

it's under Settings\Network & wireless\Data usage - hit the Allow button under "Use cellular data if there's no internet access over wifi. this will use your data plan and may incur charges." after you click Allow a message comes up below it "When Wi-Fi connectivity is limited, your phone will prevent most apps and features from using cellular data. You may not be able to send or receive data."

I notice that misundestanding sign on the button, it must stay on "Dont' allow" for now, I gave feedback for a better explaination on it.
Another thing, sometimes after an update APN is lost, check in internet settings.
Enable roaming, if your carrier admit it without extra fees , it helps during movements btween cells

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99