Skype UWP preview is really good

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Anybody else have Skype using the wrong alias under:
Click icon in lower left -> Manage account (Edge opens) -> click avatar -> Contact details -> Primary email is an obsolete alias

Upon removing / adding a new email, a password confirmation pops up and won't accept your Microsoft account's password.
Skype's outsourced email support is exceptionally useless. They tell me I haven't passed verification so I need to re-fill out the support request. (Guess they have a quota, what better way to meet it than by making someone open multiple tickets where they can keep blowing smoke up your butt!)

Can't figure out a way to get rid of that email! (Removing the alias from the Microsoft account didn't work, Skype still hasn't synced to my current, primary alias) - so now, my Skype account could very well be registered to somebody else's email, if someone registered that name shortly after I deleted it.........

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Skype has always had the option to use Skype credits to call mobile and PSTN numbers (Not Skype to Skype); this is what I use when I am travelling.

RohanRonQM

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I recently updated my Surface Pro 4 to the latest Insider build 14393.5 and now the UWP Skype Preview app gets stuck on the logo screen.
I tried to reset the app as well as uninstall, then reinstall but after doing both methods, the problem persists.
Capture.jpg

floppyedonkey

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I tried this, and even tried signing into a different skype account, same results. Does anyone know if there are special ports that need to opened on the router?

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I would dearly love to have Skype integration back in the lockscreen. I enjoyed being able to answer calls from the lockscreen in Win 8, I hope they bring it back. If it's already back and I just don't know how to do it, can anybody walk me thru it? I went thru all the settings already.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
While we are on about my pet subject Skype.

Is there any way in the new app to change things like ringtones etc.

Or is it still (Or in anyway) linked to the desktop version where you can import your own sounds?

Or better still now it's cloud linked, is there a web page where you can do this so if you change the ringtone on your account it would change it for all devices.

Yes I know I am asking for far too much.....................

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett