Lumia 930 on Telstra Win10 Insider to Production Win 10? Help PLEASE

bellyer

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

Wy wife and I are relatively happy Lumia 950 users in theU.S. Windows 10 Mobile has definitelybeen a work in progress, but continues to get better. We are just on the production release. Somehow my father-in-law in Australia got hisLumia 930 on the Insider releases a while back and desperately needs to get offthe Insider releases, but would like to remain on Windows 10 Mobile ProductionRelease if it is available for his phone on Testra in Australia.

I am not at all familiar with how the Insider builds work andhow to get off of them and my father-in-law is not a tech savvy individual. Does anyone know how he might be able to get hisLumia 930 off the Insider program and onto Windows 10 Mobile?s productionrelease as simply as possible?

I have no idea why my father-in-law would have ended up inthe Fast Ring initially and eventually to the Slow Ring, but he really needs tobe on a much more stable production release. Any help would be appreciated! 😊

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
The Insider released today on fast ring is probably the most stable release out there. Best one to be one. It will be the one issued as a production release on August 2nd, so he just needs to "un-enroll" and not revert back.

Best thing to do would be to switch to fast ring long enough to get the most recent stable bug fixes, then change the "ring selection" to Production or Release.

bellyer

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, Rhapdog. I will recommend that. Do you know if there would be any problem with a potential lack of updated firmware for the 930 on Telstra at all?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Should not be... WaaS (Windows as a Service) will deliver OTA in future and any Firmware Telstra approves should find his phone as well, IF it is a branded phone. If his phone is an unbranded Country Variant, Microsoft will send him new Firmware if and when available.

Looking at the ROM lists for 930 I only see Country Variants for Australia. Chances are high that Telstra has no part in the update path...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo