Don't forget to reset your Insider settigs

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently on 14393.3 on my Lumia 1520, this appears to be very close to FINAL Redstone build. I've taken the precaution to exit the Insider program, temporarily, until Redstone II builds become stable - they'll start coming sometime after Aug 2nd, with release of Redstone I (and I'll forget).

Go to SETTINGS >> Update & Security >> Windows Insider Program >>
where you can suspend builds for up to a week, or completely exit the program, temporarily.

I'll then be looking for Redstone II to become more stable on mobile, before resuming the Insider Program.
Simply a word to the wise.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently on 14393.3 on my Lumia 1520, this appears to be very close to FINAL Redstone build. I've taken the precaution to exit the Insider program, temporarily, until Redstone II builds become stable - they'll start coming sometime after Aug 2nd, with release of Redstone I (and I'll forget).

Go to SETTINGS >> Update & Security >> Windows Insider Program >>
where you can suspend builds for up to a week, or completely exit the program, temporarily.

I'll then be looking for Redstone II to become more stable on mobile, before resuming the Insider Program.

probably do it on the day itself or just after - 14393.5 was just released

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
probably do it on the day itself or just after - 14393.5 was just released

YES & I'm waiting for 14393.7, 14393.9 or 14400 >> whatever is FINAL, as my device has no issues. Either another patch / hotfix or move to Release Preview to get the Anniversary Update ... official can take so lonnnngggggg.

My experience (w phone) has been a very short wait, when you opt back in to Insiders Preview.

This is only for my daily driver, my other phone (Lumia 635) has been left behind on Threshold WM10 ...
and my wife (Lumia 920 - my old phone) doesn't care for the hassle.
As I understand, barring flashing her device, this is as far as she goes.
Maybe a Lumia 640 for her if her phone gives up the ghost, she thinks my 1520 is too big.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
YES & I'm waiting for 14393.7, 14393.9 or 14400 >> whatever is FINAL, as my device has no issues. Either another patch / hotfix or move to Release Preview to get the Anniversary Update ... official can take so lonnnngggggg.

My experience (w phone) has been a very short wait, when you opt back in to Insiders Preview.

This is only for my daily driver, my other phone (Lumia 635) has been left behind on Threshold WM10 ...
and my wife (Lumia 920 - my old phone) doesn't care for the hassle.
As I understand, barring flashing her device, this is as far as she goes.
Maybe a Lumia 640 for her if her phone gives up the ghost, she thinks my 1520 is too big.

I think the versions will go with 14393.xxx just the way then went with 10586.0 to 10586.11 etc :wink:

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Why bother? Why not just stay in and roll along into the Anniversary Update? I assume with 393.5 which came in last night we now have most of it any way. Maybe another one or two tweeks during the coming week and if we stay in the Insider Program Fast Ring you'll get the Anniversary Update before everyone else and won't have to wait in line eternally that day while everyone else is downloading it. That's pretty much the plan for Windows 10 for PCs Here's what happens after August 2nd for Windows 10 Insiders

Then if you're happy with the update and don't want to keep up with new Redstone builds, jump off after August 2nd

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Why bother? Why not just stay in and roll along into the Anniversary Update? I assume with 393.5 which came in last night we now have most of it any way. Maybe another one or two tweeks during the coming week and if we stay in the Insider Program Fast Ring you'll get the Anniversary Update before everyone else and won't have to wait in line eternally that day while everyone else is downloading it. That's pretty much the plan for Windows 10 for PCs Here's what happens after August 2nd for Windows 10 Insiders

Then if you're happy with the update and don't want to keep up with new Redstone builds, jump off after August 2nd

This is my plan as well.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I think the OP has posted good advice, I had planned to opt out of insiders when W10 was released, did so on my PC's but forgot the phones and had a couple of issues when Redstone updates started up before I was ready, ended up having to reset both my and my wife's phones when I didn't need the hassle.

So unless you really want to go on with the early versions of Redstone 2, I would consider opting out of Insiders as soon as the Anniversary update is released, of course it's your choice, but forewarned is forearmed.................

I can see why people join insiders but so many moan about the experience, you get the final look at the proper release a few weeks before final release and a lot of you seem to go through a lot of angst for very little gain.

This is not the case for active members of insiders who give feedback, but does seem so for maybe less active users who join maybe for the wrong reasons.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I think the OP has posted good advice, I had planned to opt out of insiders when W10 was released, did so on my PC's but forgot the phones and had a couple of issues when Redstone updates started up before I was ready, ended up having to reset both my and my wife's phones when I didn't need the hassle.

So unless you really want to go on with the early versions of Redstone 2, I would consider opting out of Insiders as soon as the Anniversary update is released, of course it's your choice, but forewarned is forearmed.................

I can see why people join insiders but so many moan about the experience, you get the final look at the proper release a few weeks before final release and a lot of you seem to go through a lot of angst for very little gain.

This is not the case for active members of insiders who give feedback, but does seem so for maybe less active users who join maybe for the wrong reasons.

If people is already fast insider, it is already living in the anniversay world.
The real update is for the "sleepers" users... the common users, not for insiders.
So, let the flush flow.... You'll get the next Redstone2 insider before anyone

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
For anyone not giving feedback or for whom the sometime annoyances of new builds is a hassle, it certainly makes sense to opt out of the Fast Ring. But if you've already come this far, it seems to me that it would also make sense to stay with it for just a few more days and get the final build early, and not to have to stand around on virtual line for the servers to open up and let you in to get it on or after the 2nd. Then drop out of the Fast (or even slow) Ring if you don't want to continue on for Redstone2 builds.

I guess it's just a personal preference either way.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I jumped my.primary phone in at 14393 and have had all the little updates since then. Will change to release preview track on Aug 2. Have test phones for the early builds. Sometimes not so cutting edge works better although RS1 was much better than the early TH1 builds.

6Kings

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am staying. I have been using Windows 10 Mobile since its release and on the Fast Ring for my daily driver and have had only minor irritations with the builds. Most of the time, the updates fix the minor issues. The only one that has persistently come back over and over is the Glance feature which every once in a while doesn't come out of correctly and I can't get to the lock screen fast enough to answer calls. It was fixed until this last build 14393.5. I do find it funny that one of the main components of the OS - Live Tiles - is still hit or miss with some apps, specifically Facebook.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
OK, the reminder was just that, I plan to get the early Anniversary Update via Windows Insider.
I'm currently out, waiting for the last hotfix to drop. Then ...
-I'll be back in to get that w subsequent hotfixes
-Out of Insider for early Redstone II, the early builds can be a tad rough
-Back IN once Redstone II stabilizes, or a new, must have feature is released.

I'm using this on my daily driver, thus looking for stability.

Last edited:

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

That's ^^^ what I'm talking about - don't want to forget before the first Redstone 2 build.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)