Presumptive Nominee for AU 10.0.14393.5 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Presumptive Nominee for AU 10.0.14393.5 Discussion (Redstone Branch; Fast, Slow & Release Rings)

Not sleeping correctly sounds reminiscent of the SP4 and Surface Book when they released and that would help explain the battery woes.

I'm sure you supplied Feedback. Sounds like it may be time to try reset?

This was a pretty clean phone in that I only switched to RS on my daily when 14393 was released. So not really wanting to hard reset. Have provided plenty of feedback so perhaps it will get addressed.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Presumptive Nominee for AU 10.0.14393.5 Discussion (Redstone Branch; Fast, Slow & Release Rings)

This was a pretty clean phone in that I only switched to RS on my daily when 14393 was released. So not really wanting to hard reset. Have provided plenty of feedback so perhaps it will get addressed.

Yeah, I'm thinking the code is off for the hardware. No number of resets would solve the sleep error on SP4 and Surface book. A hot fix had to roll out. If it looks widespread, then your individual 950 XL would not be at fault...

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

On that build on L830 me and wify had the screen flickering once. I had to remove the battery to make it stop and the wife had to unplug her phone

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

take the phone back to 8.1, don't do a restore, and then up it to 393.5?

NOoooooO , hard reset should solve most of the issues but rolling back to 8.1 then again upgrading to 14393.5 is a hefty task. I am getting sick just thinking about it x_X

It hasn't even been a day and my 730 froze while opening an app, had to do a soft reset to get it back running. ;_;
i am hoping MS kicks out another build today for insiders or a new build as AU tommorow. The current build though is fluid and fast still has minor annoying bugs ._. .

bavve

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

In installed this build on my 640 XL but i'm facing a little battery drain (more than with the past build of TH branch). Should I do an Hard Reset for fix it?

bavve

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

I tried but I had the same problem so I did an hard reset... But now I'm having MSN weather doubled in "all app" men?.. How Can I fix it? :-/

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I was navigating with my 950XL for four hours with the maps app, screen always on, plugged in and charging. The phone gets very hot when doing this. Maybe the maps app is very inefficient using the GPU or CPU?

Also, the pinch zoom problem in the photos app keeps happening: the zoom center will not be as expected, and you can no longer move and pinch at the same time. I end up having to lock and unlock to have zoom work right again.

Another thing: While navigating, when you hit Cortana (long press on search) and say "Play the beatles" I get spinning dots on the screen for a long time, and when she's finally done, you end up on the Cortana screen, not back in the navigation screen of the maps app. For simple commands like 'play music x', Cortana really should show as a banner, and never leave the active app.

Sent from mTalk, a great Tapatalk alternative

Magikal

May 15, 2015
Visit site

I plan to upgrade my Lumia 640 through the official release channel. No insider here. Anyway, when shall I do the hard reset - now or after upgrading to Redstone?

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

NOoooooO , hard reset should solve most of the issues but rolling back to 8.1 then again upgrading to 14393.5 is a hefty task. I am getting sick just thinking about it x_X
Well... The only thing left then is to "Deal"....:smile:

Peace. Alan
MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 14393.5]

Last edited:

Scott-In-Beaverton

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site

I plan to upgrade my Lumia 640 through the official release channel. No insider here. Anyway, when shall I do the hard reset - now or after upgrading to Redstone?
You may not need to do a hard reset at all. I have a Lumia 640 and have gone from one insider release to another and never did any type of reset. When the operating system updates to Windows 10 on the Lumia 640 if all goes well no reset should be necessary. Should you find that something is not working correctly after the Windows 10 update first make sure all apps are up to date. If updating the apps does not resolve the issue first try a soft reset. If you still find the Lumia 640 is not working correctly then try a hard reset as a last resort. After a hard reset be prepared to completely set the phone back up as if it were new out of the box.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

I installed this on my 640 the other day, seems to work ok for the most part. I'm not sure what the camera icon on the lock screen is for , it doesn't do anything. Copy/paste finally works in Edge, yay. The Glance screen never turns off when it's plugged in which is a minor annoyance. I can't get rid of Cortana "How can I help" and all the other silly things its says in the search function, probably the only really annoying thing I've come across so far. I much preferred when it just took you to Bing. The phone seems a little faster in general and web pages draw faster, although sometimes they don't render properly. I've had no battery drain issues so far.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

I installed this on my 640 the other day, seems to work ok for the most part. I'm not sure what the camera icon on the lock screen is for , it doesn't do anything. Copy/paste finally works in Edge, yay. The Glance screen never turns off when it's plugged in which is a minor annoyance. I can't get rid of Cortana "How can I help" and all the other silly things its says in the search function, probably the only really annoying thing I've come across so far. I much preferred when it just took you to Bing. The phone seems a little faster in general and web pages draw faster, although sometimes they don't render properly. I've had no battery drain issues so far.

Thank you! I was thinking I'm the only who is bothered with the new Glance Screen. Microsoft, what are you thinking???
Why did they remove the Peek feature - one the most awesome feature (in my view) on a Lumia

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

preferably after the update and only if you have major issues

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Lumia 640, Insider Release Ring, 10.0.14393.5

I'm not sure what the camera icon on the lock screen is for , it doesn't do anything.

Works for me with a long tap.

The Glance screen never turns off when it's plugged in which is a minor annoyance.

Works for me in conjunction with the proximity sensor. Of course this is how I always use Glance - always on and relying on the proximity sensor to shut the screen off in my pocket or when laid face down.

I can't get rid of Cortana "How can I help" and all the other silly things its says in the search function, probably the only really annoying thing I've come across so far.

Cortana is way more active, surfaced and integrated across devices. I like the direction they are taking her.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers