Presumptive Nominee for AU 10.0.14393.5 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

PhantomX20

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Presumptive Nominee for AU 10.0.14393.5 Discussion (Redstone Branch; Fast, Slow & Release Rings)

I am getting the 640 this week. Glad to hear that yall are blazing the way on all the fixes and bugs to look out for.

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Presumptive Nominee for AU 10.0.14393.5 Discussion (Redstone Branch; Fast, Slow & Release Rings)

So originally way back the redstone builds just simply didn't work on my 950XL (tried way earlier this year)...

I was upset yesterday we didn't get he AU, so I jumped on insider preview, and I have to say I'm very impressed. Looks and runs great on my 950XL dual SIM...

-Cortana works now
-Bluetooth works now (both Band 2 and music/call to my vehicle)
-Stable as heck
-No issues
-Runs very nice and smooth, more responsive
-No battery heat

Only issue:
-No text suggestions for English Canada keyboard... While I use English (US), for some reason the phone keeps trying to download and use English (Canada), so annoying... I'm assuming they'll light up the language packs once AU is pushed to production.

zdenekvanik

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Notifications are unrealiable since a few builds back, phone registers new emails etc. sometimes with some unusual delay. Not to mention broken notifications with Band 2, sometimes they just do not work, sometimes I am flooded with notifications that are week old even when I already saw them and checked. Sometimes it works but that is very rare...

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site

Notifications are unrealiable since a few builds back, phone registers new emails etc. sometimes with some unusual delay. Not to mention broken notifications with Band 2, sometimes they just do not work, sometimes I am flooded with notifications that are week old even when I already saw them and checked. Sometimes it works but that is very rare...

Exactly the same as I'm seeing with either Band 2 or Garmin Fenix 3HR. Sometimes notifications work, sometimes not. Sometimes I get the notification on my Band, and then get it a minute later on the Garmin. I even tried a hard reset and installed all my apps over again, but no difference.....well actually there was a difference, for a day or so I didn't get any notifications at all, now they're working sometimes. With my Android phone, I always get notifications on both, instantaneously. Trouble is, I really like my old Icon a lot more than my LG V10.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

Lumia 640, Insider Release Ring, 10.0.14393.5

Works for me with a long tap.

Works for me in conjunction with the proximity sensor. Of course this is how I always use Glance - always on and relying on the proximity sensor to shut the screen off in my pocket or when laid face down.

Cortana is way more active, surfaced and integrated across devices. I like the direction they are taking her.

Yes, I noticed the long tap worked shortly after I posted, silly me. I'd prefer it if they let you get rid of it though. I took my phone out of my pocket the other day to find the camera on.

I'd prefer it if Glance operated as it does in battery mode. Not a huge deal though.

Cortana makes me ill, I really don't like how central it is becoming to everything. You can break it on a PC but it seems there's no getting away from it in mobile.

I also noticed that notifications are hosed in this release. The notification icon at the top of the screen doesn't disappear If I load the text app and read my messages. If I hit 'Clear All' they go away, but if I get another text the old ones appear again in the notification list.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

Same problem here with Band 2 notifications. It notifies me of messages I have read and deleted. That's been the case from the beginning though, even when I was on WP8. I think it's more a Band problem than WP10.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

I'm not sure what the camera icon on the lock screen is for

My 830 is on the same build and there is no camera icon on the lock screen :shocked:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

My 830 is on the same build and there is no camera icon on the lock screen :shocked:

It fills in for the back arrow on soft keys... Try long tap on the arrow capacitive key and see if it works. ;)

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

I cant send Skype messages from the Messaging app. The drop down where I can choose between SMS and Skype is missing completely.

EDIT: Here comes the explanation, they pulled the feature off in favour of separate Skype app.
http://www.windowscentral.com/messaging-everywhere-pulled-anniversary-update

I don't get this. Why should I have separate app for feature that is nicely integrated in the OS? not speaking about skype video, but only about messaging.

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I cant send Skype messages from the Messaging app. The drop down where I can choose between SMS and Skype is missing completely.

EDIT: Here comes the explanation, they pulled the feature off in favour of separate Skype app.
Messaging Everywhere pulled from Anniversary Update, but will live on in new Skype Windows app | Windows Central

I don't get this. Why should I have separate app for feature that is nicely integrated in the OS? not speaking about skype video, but only about messaging.

That's a old forum question (there was a bad flaming debate too), they pulled back due to thousand negative feedbacks from insiders

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

Been out of Insider builds when I bought L950, so I must have to miss this debate.
Thousands negative feedback on the great feature, which could be turned off. Thank you very much, so called insiders!
Having separate bits and pieces all over the OS makes it complete mess and very fragmented. MS never learns from their mistakes.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

It fills in for the back arrow on soft keys... Try long tap on the arrow capacitive key and see if it works. ;)

Nothing happens when I do that. Is the camera icon on the lock screen supposed to be there on all devices? Now I'm curious.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Nothing happens when I do that. Is the camera icon on the lock screen supposed to be there on all devices? Now I'm curious.

Guess not, it's only for onscreen key devices

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Dang... Guess it is like DTtSleep. Soft Keys only. That stinks...

But... If you have Camera in the primary row in action center toggles it will get you into camera from lock screen.

Neeraj Kalantri1

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site

Hi

I am a Lumia 1520 user and am on build 14393.5.
I am not able to open photos, films and tv and music apps. When I open these apps the phone restarts everytime. Same is the case with Files app.

Please help!
Thanks!!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Hi

I am a Lumia 1520 user and am on build 14393.5.
I am not able to open photos, films and tv and music apps. When I open these apps the phone restarts everytime. Same is the case with Files app.

Please help!
Thanks!!

First try a soft reset. If doesn't work, hard reset with backup needed for reinstalling build and its core apps

Sherif Hafez

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

Can not add Google mail and contact after hard reset 10.0.14393.5 , "browser not supported any more" please help, regards

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

Can not add Google mail and contact after hard reset 10.0.14393.5 , "browser not supported any more" please help, regards

I have never had any issues like that, perhaps a restore and then a hard reset is in order... I run 640, 950, and 950XL.

I might add that I have had odd bugs that a hard reset did not remedy, like two facebook app icons and only one would delete etc. Only after a WDRT restore then after a day and the upgrade to 10586.494, then enroll in insider and hit the fast ring to current release...

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

Now I had better post in fairness to the current firmware.

I had very bad Bluetooth performance on both the 950 and the 950 XL. I finally rolled back to basic with WDRT and let the phone run for a couple of days. I installed a couple of apps, don't really use too many anyway. The phone updated to 10586.494 and I used it three more days, I testes my Bluetooth headset with my PC and had 100+ foot range so all is good there. The Bluetooth had been working good on the phone with the 10586 builds so I joined insider and in one install am at 14393.5. I did not do a hard reset, I only had changed a few settings and wanted to see. All is well so what caused the Bluetooth to deteriorate on both phones after the firmware and upgrade to this same release? Must have been extra-terrestrial interference or something...

I did see some battery improvement after a week now, seven to ten days to settle in? That all is on the 950 DS, I'll try the XL next week LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)