How can they say it's ready?

xzb6np

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I have had in going issues that I find in feedback hub from others as well.that have not been fixed yet. How can they roll this out Aug. 2nd. These are big issues. Bluetooth connection with Dodge Uconnect is really messed up. Podcasts randomly stop. Then when restarted they resume from their original position they were opened at. Text read back is a joke. It says there is a text, then it switches to Cortana that says I have a text. Then it finally asks if I want to read it. Napping voice instructions are worthless too. You have missed the turn ny the time it gets them spit out and it says call ended after every instruction. Also podcasts whether played over Bluetooth or headset stop when the screen timesout. All of this stuff was perfect with 8.1 in my old HTC 8x but my flagship 950 has them with the latest builds.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have had in going issues that I find in feedback hub from others as well.that have not been fixed yet. How can they roll this out Aug. 2nd. These are big issues. Bluetooth connection with Dodge Uconnect is really messed up. Podcasts randomly stop. Then when restarted they resume from their original position they were opened at. Text read back is a joke. It says there is a text, then it switches to Cortana that says I have a text. Then it finally asks if I want to read it. Napping voice instructions are worthless too. You have missed the turn ny the time it gets them spit out and it says call ended after every instruction. Also podcasts whether played over Bluetooth or headset stop when the screen timesout. All of this stuff was perfect with 8.1 in my old HTC 8x but my flagship 950 has them with the latest builds.

the thing about your list of issues is that they don't affect the majority and hence they can afford to roll out the upgrade as planned. When windows 10 mobile rolled out officially, it still had issues but the scope and number of issues were low enough to release it to the masses

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

I don't have a Dodge so I can't answer that. My podcasts do not stop when screen times out. Tapping Bluetooth in the action menu does not lock up my device (see later comment).

I think you should hard reset your device and see if that helps.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
The Bluetooth bug where it locks up the phone seems to have been addressed in build 14393.5 (now the release build). My 2012 Honda Crosstour reads aloud my texts just fine and so does my 2010 Buick Lacrosse (although a slight delay in my Buick versus my Honda; I believe this may be a software update/driver issue with my Buick).

My suggestion is if you can try out Bluetooth audio streaming in another car. I rented a 2015 Camry SE earlier this year with Toyota's Entune infotainment system and Bluetooth connection was fast and audio streamed effortlessly.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by xzb6np

as long as a good portion of people dont find those issues they will roll it out no matter what, the overly excessive quality controls they had back in wp7-8 are long gone, they cant really afford to lose time on that at the moment

xzb6np

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
You all do realize.that media control in Bluetooth is in the list of known issues. I am just saying I can't believe they would release it with an issue like that.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
My gut feeling is, there won't be any fixes, may be one more - just one more build today and that's it. But following the final release on Aug 2 - we will see a few patch updates back by back. I mean, the very next Tuesday is patch Tuesday so that will have a few bug fixes and then perhaps a couple of bi-weekly patches. As it stands, I agree, plenty is still left unfinished. They however, never intended to deliver finished product. Remember the famous words "Windows 10 will never be finished."?

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
My gut feeling is, there won't be any fixes, may be one more - just one more build today and that's it. But following the final release on Aug 2 - we will see a few patch updates back by back. I mean, the very next Tuesday is patch Tuesday so that will have a few bug fixes and then perhaps a couple of bi-weekly patches. As it stands, I agree, plenty is still left unfinished. They however, never intended to deliver finished product. Remember the famous words "Windows 10 will never be finished."?

And who is the originator of this quote?

Satya said windows 10 will be finished on Redstone 2. He said it will be a 2 year project. How can a 2 year project never be finished? For an OS to become a service it needs to first have a base finished product. The finished version will be redstone 2. After that it will act as a service and they will add updated features. My guess is not all features will be free. Some things will be enterprise driven where you have to pay for them. Then there will be consumer facing features which will likely be free.

But this is part of why they said "mobile isn't our focus this year". Because they need to have a finished product before they put their full force behind it. They also need hardware that will take advantage of the finished product in unique ways.

xzb6np

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I understand as a developer myself that there will be some bugs, but Bluetooth play back is a basic feature and to still have it on the list as a know bug is shameful. They fix plenty of other bugs that are not basic to the OS.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
If the Bluetooth issue is hitting that many devices, it will be addressed. My beliefs is It's mostly devices that shouldn't be running 10mobile or people who refuse to wipe the phone clean and start from scratch. AS MICROSOFT RECOMMENDS.

Last edited by a moderator:

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Napping voice instructions are worthless too.

I'm sorry, but napping instructions isn't something I need my phone to give me, and I certainly don't want it talking while I'm trying to nap.

Sometimes my very young children need voice guided napping instructions. You know, like, "I SAID TAKE A NAP, NOW!" "But I'm not tired." "I didn't ask if you were tired, I said take a nap!" Yeah, maybe someday Cortana can help me with that.

cnjvh

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
If the Bluetooth issue is hitting that many devices, it will be addressed. My beliefs is It's mostly devices that shouldn't be running 10mobile or people who refuse to wipe the phone clean and start from scratch. AS MICROSOFT RECOMMENDS.

Running the latest build on a 640 after a hard reset. Mine still locks up when I tap the Bluetooth button. Kenwood head unit.

Last edited by a moderator:

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
My company allows me to drive random vehicles from time to time. Currently, I'm driving a 2012 Dodge Avenger V6 w/ Uconnect & Navigation. Today, I successfully streamed music from my 640 XL, made clear phone calls and had my text messages read aloud without any lag. I don't doubt there is an issue, but by and large, it seems to be a random bug somewhere and all devices might not be affected.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by oviedofreak82
My company allows me to drive random vehicles from time to time. Currently, I'm driving a 2012 Dodge Avenger V6 w/ Uconnect & Navigation. Today, I successfully streamed music from my 640 XL, made clear phone calls and had my text messages read aloud without any lag. I don't doubt there is an issue, but by and large, it seems to be a random bug somewhere and all devices might not be affected.

well you just described the state of w10 right there, for some, it works like a charm, for others, its a nightmare, for me its just annoying from time to time, before w10. things that i fixed stayed that way forever, well w10 just randomly goes kaput, and just as randomly goes back to order, a certain device works perfectly, another exact copy of it doesnt, have two L822 and one of them is more than usable on w10, the other cant stop rebooting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs