Cant add google account to build 14393.5 Anniversary

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
It's not a security setting issue for the initial post issue. Manual I map setup has worked overnight.

Youre lucky - still not working for us. She's going to try if without access to her email or calendar for the day but I know that wont last long. Hopefully, google stops blocking it or Microsoft fixes it if they're messing up the handshake.

Rui Gomes1

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
That's a massive issue. No emails no contacts! Especially when we are talking of an OS to business oriented!!

I see that there is more people with this issue. Why is this not on the main page with a workaround solutions?!

Thazal

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
So until this is fixed the only way to add a gmail account is to add it under "Other Account" in Choose an Account.

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
So until this is fixed the only way to add a gmail account is to add it under "Other Account" in Choose an Account.

Nope, that also isnt working for us. The one guy who said it was working for him said its only allowing him to access email but not calendar.

Liron Ben-David

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 950 XL, windows phone 10.

same issue like the screenshot above.

This is a major problem as I can't get not my mails not my contacts not the calendars. plain disaster.

It's something on google's end I guess?

Abhinav Mudaliar

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Same problem here cant add google account anymore....has google stopped its support??
I am using a windows phone, i changed my gmail password and now i cant login my google account in my phone it says ''your browser is not supported anymore please update to a recent one"

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here cant add google account anymore....has google stopped its support??
I am using a windows phone, i changed my gmail password and now i cant login my google account in my phone it says ''your browser is not supported anymore please update to a recent one"

Hey do me a solid and try something.... login to your Gmail from a computer. Access My account by clicking your profile in the upper right corner of the screen. Click apps and sites under the box that says sign in and security. Scroll to the bottom and toggle on 'allow unsecure apps and sites to access'. Try syncing on your windows phone again.

My roommate is at work so I can't try on her phone. Let us know if this solves it.

Last edited:

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site

Download the transfer my contacts app and sync it to an old phone that has the contacts. Or there are a bunch of third party contacts syncing apps out there that can do it. Try the fix I just suggested in my last post and let me know if it solves the overall issue though.

Abhinav Mudaliar

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Hey do me a solid and try something.... login to your Gmail from a computer. Access My account by clicking your profile in the upper right corner of the screen. Click apps and sites under the box that says sign in and security. Scroll to the bottom and toggle on 'allow unsecure apps and sites to access'. Try syncing on your windows phone again.

My roommate is at work so I can't try on her phone. Let us know if this solves it.

not working

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried one of the third-party mail apps?

My Google account is my backup (I mostly use hotmail, have had it for over 17yrs now;-0), so I rarely actually sign in, keep it running as secondary in Outlook (desktop app) to prevent it from getting terminated, for occasional use.

If one of the third-party apps work (they get pretty good ratings actually), it would be something to "bridge", and most likely (hopefully) they integrate contacts and calendar.
Not saying I've tried this, but I did try the Google setup and got the compatibility error everyone else is, I'm sure it's being looked at.
To be fair, Google hasn't been making it easy, they more or less killed the ability to use Google Voice on the Edge mobile browser, where it had been working previously. I think both companies are a bit "at odds" right now, but I'm positive MS will fix this, soon.
Years ago, things were similarly at odds with Netware/Novell, but compatibility issues were a priority 0 problem, almost without question, MS wants you to be able to have an integrated experience.
I wonder, if this might also be broken on the Win10 desktop app...

Rui Gomes1

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Ability to use Gmail on windows mobile will be a release feature on redstone 2.

This is ridiculous, this is no bummer, is a huge bummer, completely a deal breaker ATM!!

Can some try to go to Google options and activate the less security and give it a try? This should not work for people with 2 step auth.

Last edited:

cvsdude

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site

Thanks!
This does NOT solve the whole problem, BUT as a workaround for email it works.
Do as described above, then on phone do the
- Add an account
- Advanced set-up
- Internet email
Add your Email address and Username is also your email address
"Acccount name" is what you want to see as uour account on the phone
- incoming email server: imap.gmail.com:993:1
- Account type: IMAP4
- Outgoing (SMTP) email server: smtp.gmail.com:465:1
- check all options

For me this gives gmail emails. If you go and "Manage" your account you can set sync intervall etc.
Unfortunately this does not give you your calendar or contacts.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786