Cumulative Update: build 14393.82 Discussion (Redstone 1; Inactive)

js14873

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Cumulative Update: build 14393.82 Discussion (Redstone 1; Release Ring)

anybody using .82 with a Garmin wearable? I stopped getting notifications and Bluetooth functionality in general went to hell on my vivosmart HR+ with .67, so I bailed out of insider and rolled back to TH2. Waiting to get back in until that's fixed.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

Anyone have issues where after the anniversary update Email, Edge, Messaging are all flipping landscape. I am not sure if my Rotation lock was on this morning when I didn't notice this keeping it in portrait, or I flipped some text size setting? Not seeing this reported anywhere else, but it is annoying. It does a split screen on Outlook client which is nice, but would want to know how to keep it in portrait other than rotation lock? I am upgrading to 10.0.1493.82 now to see if that changes anything. Also hoping to get the new camera app and mobile payments....

Does this on my 950XL too. I quite like it actually - but when I want it I turn on landscape mode. By default I keep that mode locked to portrait.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Edit 3: OK, so there are tons of reports of this in the feedback hub. Pretty bad bug for a release preview version.

I wonder if this is technically a fast ring build masquerading as a release preview build since RS2 fast ring builds have started going out. Definitely seems like this is much more buggy than previous typically stable release previews.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

I haven't had any issues with this build, certainly nothing mentioned in this thread. Only thing I noticed is the phone runs warmer. For a while there when I played candy crush jelly it was warm, then some releases came that fixed it and it was cool, now it's back to being warm. Asphalt 8 oddly enough doesn't cause the issue and is way more graphic intensive.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Just had the "No Internet" wifi bug for the first time in a while. Didn't have to restart to fix it, though. Just switched to another network and back and it was OK.

Loc Ngo

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

This build is running very smoothly for me. No problems so far.

e94mli

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Have seen two issues so far:
Glance screen isn't updating, at least not all the time.
Bluetooth won't connect to my speakers, pairing works but it can't connect.

magicdesign

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

After a windows recovery back to .67, I am trying to sign up for insider again to .82

When trying to sign up for insider, its saying I need to be connected to the internet (I am, apps update, browser works etc).

Any ideas?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

After a windows recovery back to .67, I am trying to sign up for insider again to .82

When trying to sign up for insider, its saying I need to be connected to the internet (I am, apps update, browser works etc).

Any ideas?

temp server iussue, reboot your phone and retry after some minutes

magicdesign

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Still no luck. One step forward, two steps back.

Last edited:

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

When I dismiss notifications from my PC (Facebook, etc.), they don't dismiss from my phone. Is that normal?

Last edited:

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, weird, they must've changed that, I'm about 99% positive I tried to set 7A-1A before, and it said it had to be <= 12 hours.
18 is definitely better, not the same as manual triggered, but better.

I figured out why I thought it was 12 the other day, finally!

I was trying to schedule a restart on my PC today, and realized, they constrain the hours to 12, so 9-9 or something.

I realize it's not this forum necessarily, but I wonder why they made it different, mores so I wonder why the PC cant be 18...

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Cumulative Update: build 14393.82 Discussion (Redstone 1; Release Ring)

I finally decided to report the pinch zoom problem in the photos app (pinch zoom doesn't match center of gesture, panning stops working). Turns out it's the top photos problem, with almost a thousand votes. I hope a fix is in the works, because this is maximally embarrassing. Every single time you show pictures to someone (likely an iOS or Android user) you have to say, sorry, Windows 10 is buggy.

pratikgurlani

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

Any ideas?

Ok I faced the same issue so what worked for me is I just unlinked my microsoft account and relinked again ( while relinking it showed me two options one of which had my profile picture for outlook account and other was titled "Microsoft account" and has regular 4 colored window pic. I chose the former one). Issue solved. I was able to get enrolled and downloading 14393.82 right now.

magicdesign

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Yeah. Thanks - it fixed itself after a few hours. Never simple though. I guess that's why Apple is so successful...

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Seeing a few more BT issues, even though connected to my stereo headset a text was read over the phone speaker and experienced a bit of stuttering streaming music. Also still seeing issues with the mail live tile not clearing after being opened and from the notification center.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Had three system reboots in the past two days. No pattern - once when using camera, once when plugged in in the car listening to music on Cloudmuzik and once when browsing in Edge. More than I ever had in Fast Ring.

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Some observations on my Lumia 640 Lte:
The HD camera has worked correctly every time, finally!!!!!!!
Viewing the pictures is now screwed up (see Joe920's post).
Notification issues with Cortana and 4Castr, and perhaps other apps, persist.
Every time I install an OS update, all apps stored on the micro SD card are ghosted on the start screen while the app screen states these apps are unavailable. The storage setting fails to show a micro SD card. Sometimes this is resolved by a soft reset, sometimes I've had to re-install all the programs after removing and formatting the card on my laptop. I've had the same result with 2 other micro SD cards also...It seems that MS's historical problems with peripheral drives-cd, dvd, SD, micro-SD and even ext hard drives, persist (I was unable to successfully update my 8.1 laptop to 10 until I removed the SD card!).
Battery life has improved, but is still twice that of 8.1
The changes in the UI on the live tiles, settings, store, are greatly improved, IMHO, although some privacy settings have been "hidden," or shall we say "moved."
Any ideas what the top 3 apps in the photo might be? The ones that look like VB code?
wp_ss_20160824_0001.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99