Cumulative Update: build 14393.82 Discussion (Redstone 1; Inactive)

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cumulative Update: build 14393.82 Discussion (Redstone 1; Release Ring)

Some observations on my Lumia 640 Lte:
Viewing the pictures is now screwed up (see Joe920's post).
I'm so jealous! Maybe it's time for an upgrade from my 950XL to a 640. :D

th34monk3ys

May 26, 2014
Visit site

Originally posted by Rubidad
Some observations on my Lumia 640 Lte:
The HD camera has worked correctly every time, finally!!!!!!!
Viewing the pictures is now screwed up (see Joe920's post).
Notification issues with Cortana and 4Castr, and perhaps other apps, persist.
Every time I install an OS update, all apps stored on the micro SD card are ghosted on the start screen while the app screen states these apps are unavailable. The storage setting fails to show a micro SD card. Sometimes this is resolved by a soft reset, sometimes I've had to re-install all the programs after removing and formatting the card on my laptop. I've had the same result with 2 other micro SD cards also...It seems that MS's historical problems with peripheral drives-cd, dvd, SD, micro-SD and even ext hard drives, persist (I was unable to successfully update my 8.1 laptop to 10 until I removed the SD card!).
Battery life has improved, but is still twice that of 8.1
The changes in the UI on the live tiles, settings, store, are greatly improved, IMHO, although some privacy settings have been "hidden," or shall we say "moved."
Any ideas what the top 3 apps in the photo might be? The ones that look like VB code?
attachment.php

There old Nokia Lumia apps, here drive etc

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

This hasn't come out for Production yet, has it? I feel like they skipped a build and went straight to test .103

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

This hasn't come out for Production yet, has it? I feel like they skipped a build and went straight to test .103

That's what Release Ring is for, they test patches and fixes to get them ready for Patch Tuesday Cumulative Updates that go to Production/Official each month. Release Ring is the test group for the current branch. They don't see experimental builds. They do get the RTM a bit early, like one to two weeks. So no new Build on Release Ring until RS 2 is near ready for OTA rollout, just .xxx increments.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

That's what Release Ring is for, they test patches and fixes to get them ready for Patch Tuesday Cumulative Updates that go to Production/Official each month. Release Ring is the test group for the current branch. They don't see experimental builds. They do get the RTM a bit early, like one to two weeks. So no new Build on Release Ring until RS 2 is near ready for OTA rollout, just .xxx increments.

Ah, ok, so let's hope it's released soon to Production, whatever build might be. I just thought they were keeping the build parity with desktop Cumulative Updates.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Ah, ok, so let's hope it's released soon to Production, whatever build might be. I just thought they were keeping the build parity with desktop Cumulative Updates.

I guess since the AU lagged a bit, the parity will have to build back up. Hopefully by September's Patch Tuesday?

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

I guess since the AU lagged a bit, the parity will have to build back up. Hopefully by September's Patch Tuesday?

Yeah, that's what I thought, after some more testing by our friends the Insiders :)

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Anyone already mentioned how sometimes after unlocking the phone the brightness is off? It's too dark. It's solved by locking and unlocking again. It's really annoying though not major.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos