Redstone 2 Build - Alert Sounds Missing

levelbest

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Grabbed the latest build today and to my dismay - All the "Alert" sounds are missing.I previously used Alert 2 for TEXTS and Alert 4 for RING video doorbell notification.Assuming that they might not be coming back - where might I download those sounds. Too used to them to change now, and didn't like any of the other new options.

levelbest

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

Thanks... Just read that. Don't mind adding new sounds but killing all the alert sounds is a little upsetting. I guess I if I cant find them online somewhere, I will record the ones I use from an older phone and archive so I have them moving forward.

Was hoping someone had extracted them already at high quality.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks... Just read that. Don't mind adding new sounds but killing all the alert sounds is a little upsetting. I guess I if I cant find them online somewhere, I will record the ones I use from an older phone and archive so I have them moving forward.

Was hoping someone had extracted them already at high quality.

For now I found that: Lumia_1520_ringtones

there's something but name are changed

It seems not easy extractin tones from rom, they are not visible in file manager

Aiver

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by levelbest
Grabbed the latest build today and to my dismay - All the "Alert" sounds are missing.I previously used Alert 2 for TEXTS and Alert 4 for RING video doorbell notification.Assuming that they might not be coming back - where might I download those sounds. Too used to them to change now, and didn't like any of the other new options.

May its build problem try resetting your phone

levelbest

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
In case anyone wants them - hooked an old windows phone up to my mixer and recorded alert sounds 1 and 4 - too old to change now... lol

Attachments

• Alert-1-4.zip
    50.6 KB · Views: 5

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Didn't realise people were this hooked on ringtones/tones...

I don't give a s**t about tones. lol

ringtones are your way of personalising your device and the default ones are always distinctive
I always listen up when a Nokia tone sounds off anywhere, whether it is the caller tone or message tone, I just feel a little happier knowing someone still has a windows phone

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Didn't realise people were this hooked on ringtones/tones...

I don't give a s**t about tones. lol

I used the same 3 tones for my messages, whatsapp, and mornin alarm since my 520, 3 years ago, it's a kind of habit for identifin your own phone ringin between crown. Now I found 2 of them in the web

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I used the same 3 tones for my messages, whatsapp, and mornin alarm since my 520, 3 years ago, it's a kind of habit for identifin your own phone ringin between crown. Now I found 2 of them in the web

Sometimes you just have to accept the change. For example when facebook and Instagram make significant changes to their apps/websites, everyone is in an uproar but eventually we accept the change and move on.

I remember a couple years ago when facebook revamped their entire chat system on the web... Everyone lost their minds and were pissed. Yet... Here we are still. :)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes you just have to accept the change. For example when facebook and Instagram make significant changes to their apps/websites, everyone is in an uproar but eventually we accept the change and move on.

I remember a couple years ago when facebook revamped their entire chat system on the web... Everyone lost their minds and were pissed. Yet... Here we are still. :)

I still don't like the facebook chat or messaging system - messages always appear minimised and I have to maximise each and every thread. :eck:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos