Glance Screen Not Working Build 14905 Lumia 830

devlin525

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
After I updated to the latest build my glance screen doesn't work anymore. On the Settings > Personalization > Glance Screen, it only shows the option to show glance screen with the On-Off toggle. And when I put it to On, no additional options are shown. And there is no Glance Screen when I lock my phone.

526a199b_o.jpeg

Anyone else with this error?

I really don't want to do a hard reset as much as possible. Soft reset also does not help.

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
After I updated to the latest build my glance screen doesn't work anymore. On the Settings > Personalization > Glance Screen, it only shows the option to show glance screen with the On-Off toggle. And when I put it to On, no additional options are shown. And there is no Glance Screen when I lock my phone.

View attachment 129631

Anyone else with this error?

I really don't want to do a reset as much as possible.

Did you tried already a soft reset?

devlin525

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I did a hard reset since my phone became laggy a bit and the glance screen is back. No idea if I'm the only one who got that issue.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
This happened to me on 950, after Soft Reset and charging, the next day I noticed that I have Glance back working.
Actually I was wrong... found out that 14905 made a change for Glance, I hope it is only a bug and not a change. The thing is Glance is working, but, it is no longer working on Battery Saver and that is really bad thing because at nights i always turn on Battery Saver and wait a sec. I can no longer have Glance Screen? I hope it is not a new change but a bug.

devlin525

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Okaay... So now glance no longer works on battery saver. After all the time I wasted doing a hard reset and the reason was just the battery saver, darn I wasn't able to think of it.

And same thing with @TheChazas, I also keep my Battery Saver on. I hope they fix it back :/.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Okaay... So now glance no longer works on battery saver. After all the time I wasted doing a hard reset and the reason was just the battery saver, darn I wasn't able to think of it.

And same thing with @TheChazas, I also keep my Battery Saver on. I hope they fix it back :/.
Yeah, I was going nuts for a couple of days and accidentally found that, the thing is that there is no work-around to make it work with Battery Saver on, because for example, Glance is not an app and you can not change its allowance in Battery Saver settings.
I really do hope it is a bug, because whats next? Alarm not going to wake you up with Battery Saver on...

Earlier I made a thread about it to, but I don't know if anything is going to change: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile/436632-14905-build-glance-screen.html#post3547152

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piklokz