14905 Build and Glance Screen

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Anyone noticed that after 14905 build things changed with Glance Screen?

Making this short, Glance Screen no longer work if phone is on Battery Saver, turn Battery Saver off and you will have Glance Screen on again, and there is no way to change in Battery Saver settings to allow it to work on Battery Saver, do not know if it is a bug or a new change, which I really do not like, while I tend to use Battery Saver a lot and especially at night time.

What is your feedback on it?

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
It's been flaky for a while. Peek no longer works and if I set any details like Weather on it, I struggle to wake the phone up with the power button having to be pressed several times to get to lock screen. Then it turns on with a really low brightness. Nasty experience.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
It's been flaky for a while. Peek no longer works and if I set any details like Weather on it, I struggle to wake the phone up with the power button having to be pressed several times to get to lock screen. Then it turns on with a really low brightness. Nasty experience.

Peek works as normal, it's slower than the previous app, but it works normally; your phone needs a HR I fear, my friend

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by Maurizio Troso
Originally Posted by Chris Sandiford

Peek works as normal, it's slower than the previous app, but it works normally; your phone needs a HR I fear, my friend
Stripped it back to nothing with the Windows recovery tool and started again, my friend. So I guess that's a no go. Still waiting for a f/w upgrade for my 950XL though.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Okaay... So now glance no longer works on battery saver. After all the time I wasted doing a hard reset and the reason was just the battery saver, darn I wasn't able to think of it.

And same thing with @TheChazas, I also keep my Battery Saver on. I hope they fix it back :/.

Yeah, I was going nuts for a couple of days and accidentally found that, the thing is that there is no work-around to make it work with Battery Saver on, because for example, Glance is not an app and you can not change its allowance in Battery Saver settings.

I really do hope it is a bug, because whats next? Alarm not going to wake you up with Battery Saver on...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05