Windows 10 Mobile build 14915 Discussion (Redstone 2; Inactive)

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile build 14915 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Sharing of a few pics from Photos and then sending via Outlook seems to be working now. Previously it would crash back to the desktop 2 or 3 times before I could successfully send.

I suspect though that in a few weeks time, things will become buggy and unstable as per usual.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Getting an error message when I try to open an email in Outlook Mail that says I have insufficient memory or disk space to display a font. Never saw that before this build and it's happened twice already. Left feedback.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Sliding up from an open area in the Action Center no longer closes it. You have to slide up from the very bottom of the screen to close it now...bummer. :unhappy:

Played with the Action Center a little last night, and noticed that:

If the Quick Action portion (quick toggle buttons at top), of the Action Center has only ONE row showing; you can pull, and "place" the Action Center Slide Bar down about a quarter of the way (not in a swiping motion, more of a deliberate placement of the slide bar), it will stay/snap there, and give you access to that row only.

If the Quick Action portion (quick toggle buttons at top), of the Action Center has ALL rows showing (fully expanded); you can pull, and "place" the Action Center Slide Bar down about a halfway, and it will stay/snap there, and give you access to ALL of the Quick Actions, only.

And of course, the third option: you can pull or "swipe" the Action Center Slide Bar down all the way down, and have access to the Quick Actions and Action Center Notifications, on a full screen.

After playing with it, I like it. The only thing that would make it better is if the Action Center Slide Bar would stay put wherever you placed it.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Played with the Action Center a little last night, and noticed that:

If the Quick Action portion (quick toggle buttons at top), of the Action Center has only ONE row showing; you can pull, and "place" the Action Center Slide Bar down about a quarter of the way (not in a swiping motion, more of a deliberate placement of the slide bar), it will stay/snap there, and give you access to that row only.

If the Quick Action portion (quick toggle buttons at top), of the Action Center has ALL rows showing (fully expanded); you can pull, and "place" the Action Center Slide Bar down about a halfway, and it will stay/snap there, and give you access to ALL of the Quick Actions, only.

And of course, the third option: you can pull or "swipe" the Action Center Slide Bar down all the way down, and have access to the Quick Actions and Action Center Notifications, on a full screen.

After playing with it, I like it. The only thing that would make it better is if the Action Center Slide Bar would stay put wherever you placed it.

These have been available for quite some time now :/

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Posting here since I am now updated to 915.

Ever since Redstone to my keyboard is stuck on small size no matter what setting I put it on and how many times I do a soft reset

Very annoying especially in landscape mode where it only appears on the right side of the screen

I have tried removing the US English keyboard and replacing it with other languages and then restoring and the still nothing works

Any suggestions wonder why I am the only one who has this problem

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Having some weird brightness issues, some times it's ok, other times it's noticeably dimmer and stays that way until the screen is locked and then unlocked again.

Mark Workman2

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site

Hi, from your firmware you appear to have an unlocked 950XL model variant 059X4T8. The DTTW firmware was released on the 19th August
Capture.PNG to take it to version 01078.00053.16236.35014

Plenty of other members have reported that this is now available to download OTA or if you can't find it that way you can always download the Windows Device Recovery Tool and reinstall the firmware from there (this will perform a hard reset and put on 10586.320).

Hope this helps

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

even a blind squirrel.... type of thing:)

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Posting here since I am now updated to 915.

Ever since Redstone to my keyboard is stuck on small size no matter what setting I put it on and how many times I do a soft reset

Very annoying especially in landscape mode where it only appears on the right side of the screen

I have tried removing the US English keyboard and replacing it with other languages and then restoring and the still nothing works

Any suggestions wonder why I am the only one who has this problem

Any clue on this guys??

AlphAtomix

May 17, 2016
Visit site

xiaomi mi4
I HAVE LOST EVERYTHING!!! NICE!!!
The only things i have on the phone are:
setting
edge
cortana
file explorer
WOW!

Do u know how to come back to stable version?

AlphAtomix

May 17, 2016
Visit site

Coming back to lagdroid. I will wait a new "major" version to come back to w10m.
i am very sad about it, i bought mi4 for w10m...
Now i have to use android and i could take a mi5 at this point...

Marko Lainio

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

Thank you Microsoft! You have managed to f**k up my phone!

I did hard reset couple of weeks ago and restored settings, Everything was working fine. I have Lumia 930....

Now today I installed the new build: 10.0.14915.1000. And Now for the fist time ever! The phone is stuck somehow! I mean the phone gets super hot! It won't charge properly (well the charger can barely keep it alive and give a little juice). I have done soft reset (power + volume down) multiple times no help. Something is always stuck right from the start and it eats all the processing power and battery... I can't even turn the damn thing off! It just stays on goodbye forever! All i can do is do another soft reset and it starts to get hot again!

Now I need to try to get it charged enough so i can do hard reset... maybe that will help, maybe not... I think I need to use the "windows device recovery tool" for this.

Unbelievable! I have been on insider fast ring from the start of Windows 10 Mobile, and even before! And there has never ever been anything like this.

This makes me so angry I start to seriously think of switching to Android (even though I hate Android in general)

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

Coming back to lagdroid. I will wait a new "major" version to come back to w10m.
i am very sad about it, i bought mi4 for w10m...
Now i have to use android and i could take a mi5 at this point...

I'm intrigued, what model number is your mi4?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Thank you Microsoft! You have managed to f**k up my phone!

I did hard reset couple of weeks ago and restored settings, Everything was working fine. I have Lumia 930....

Now today I installed the new build: 10.0.14915.1000. And Now for the fist time ever! The phone is stuck somehow! I mean the phone gets super hot! It won't charge properly (well the charger can barely keep it alive and give a little juice). I have done soft reset (power + volume down) multiple times no help. Something is always stuck right from the start and it eats all the processing power and battery... I can't even turn the damn thing off! It just stays on goodbye forever! All i can do is do another soft reset and it starts to get hot again!

Now I need to try to get it charged enough so i can do hard reset... maybe that will help, maybe not... I think I need to use the "windows device recovery tool" for this.

Unbelievable! I have been on insider fast ring from the start of Windows 10 Mobile, and even before! And there has never ever been anything like this.

This makes me so angry I start to seriously think of switching to Android (even though I hate Android in general)

If you'll made hard reset now, you'll ruin everything. Let phone finishin his tasks, its updating and syncing all core apps, that's the heating, battery draining, and cpu usage. It could take 2 days, it depends on your network. And it is recommended most on old devices. Please, make a search.

Last fast build fixed all previous iussues except Calendar

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)